Chapter 21

Sumayya

"Come to think of it , I have a lot to do already" I said dicing the watermelon
" true you still have to look for a job, though you can survive without it" layla said over the phone and I chuckled dropping the knife to quickly hold my phone from slipping between my head and shoulder.

" stop whining me jare, you're going to make my phone fall" I said and she laughed " it's true na , you have a rich husband " she said as I arranged the diced watermelon on a plate.

" but that doesn't mean i should be over dependent on him, plus I love my job" I said and she replied " ohk oo , I don hear you , but have you even talked to him about you working"

" true sha , but am sure he will allow me" I said and she replied " ohk na, till evening greet ya ammar for me" she said.

" okay bye Lala" I said before hanging up and placing my phone on the counter . I was cutting some watermelon for us to eat, while eman and ammar sat in the living room .

" layla sends her greetings " I said as I came into the living room with a plate of watermelon . " ohk " he said using a fork to pick up a dice of watermelon.

He was busy doing some work on his laptop , " don't you want to eat" I asked eman who kept staring at the watermelon .

" she prefers apples to any other fruit" he said eating another piece before returning to his laptop.

"So you want apples" I asked eman and she nodded . I smiled and turned to Ammar " We're going to go get some apples from the bear you supermarket" I said to him and he nodded without looking up from his laptop.

"God, I married a workaholic" I said standing up to go and get ready with eman . " I heard that" he said as we were halfway up the stairs and I laughed.

" you guys be back soon eh" he said as we came down , I was wearing a long nude hijab with socks while I just put a sweater over eman's dress.

"As if you would miss us with that work that you're doing" I said and he turned to look at us.

"Of course I will miss you guys , especially my princess" he said giving eman a smiley grin and she replied " I missh daddy too" grinning back and I laughed.

" the two of you ehn" I said shaking my head , before eman and I waved bye to him and left.

I held eman's hand as we walked into the supermarket , I picked a trolley caused eman wanted a little trolley ride.

I pushed the trolley to the fruit section with eman sitting inside , she was distracted playing with my phone . I picked up an apple trying to check if it was fresh.

"Sumayya" I heard a deep voice say and I turned to look at the person " oh my God ya Imran" I said smiling , he was an assistant teacher in my Arabic school and he was a really good teacher.

"How are you "he asked and I replied "I'm fine , how are you doing sir " I asked .

"Very fine , rukayyah just gave birth " he said " barakallahu feek I'm so happy for you, my regards to her"i said , rukayyah is his wife , we also studied together at arabic school before she got married to him.

" is this your daughter " he asked looking at eman, "yes ,eman say salam to mommy's friend" I said .

"Salamuayakum" she said cutely " very adorable one you've got" he said and I smiled. He left after we exchanged pleasantries.

"Daddy call" eman said stretching my phone to me , I checked it and saw an answered call from ammar, then I realised eman must have answered it while i was talking to ya imran . Then I called him back but he didn't pick.

I held eman's hand and walked out of l
the supermarket with the shopping bag in my other hand. I called Ammar again as we walked home .

"We're back" I said as we entered the living room but there was no one there.

"Dede where's my husband" I asked and she replied " Oga went in just a while ago" .

I went upstairs after maro took eman inside, maro is a young lady who is eman's nanny.

"Ammar , you cal--" I said before gasping at me scene in front of me, the lamp and the side table was smashed to tiny glass pieces on the floor . His hand was bleeding heavily.

"Subhanallah "I exclaimed before I quickly went to roll up some tissue to clean the blood ," who was that man you were talking to" he asked , I could see anger in his eyes it showed that he was enraged.

" what man ?" I asked confused , he then grabbed my arm tightly .

" the man you were talking to at the supermarket" he asked .

" are you seeing someone else" he asked , by this time my arm was hurting with the way he was holding it tightly.

I could feel my self breathing heavily as he looked at me.

General

" how could you accuse me of such" she said trying to gather her breath in fear .

" ANSWER ME , WHO WAS HE?" He asked pushing her towards the wall in anger.

She groaned shakily and fell to the floor " he was my teacher in arabic school" she said in a shaky voice.

" you better not be lying to me" he said and she quickly nodded , tears were now streaming down her face now and she was trembling with quiet sobs .

He started to leave but she stopped him
" your hand" she said trying dress it with the tissue . "Leave me"he said and pushed her away , she fell into the pieces of glass on the floor and groaned in pain . He left leaving her on the floor.

Sumayya

I hissed in pain as I stood up from the floor , I could feel the glass pierced into my calves. Why did he act like that, did he really think I was cheating on him" those were the question running through mind. I just couldn't figure out why he was so angry .

I also thought about how he knew that I talked to someone at the supermarket, then I remembered that it must have been when eman picked his call earlier.

I just couldn't believe he would treat me like this , I stood in front of the bathroom mirror staring at my bruised arm , it had light purple colour like I had been punched .

I broke down crying not knowing what to rule this has , whether my husband abused me or he was just angry.

I took a shower after removing the glass pieces in my calves.

I could hear the soft pattering of the rain as I came out. I dressed my calves and put on a full sleeved long gown to hide the wound.

I then went downstairs and got some cleaning equipment, to my relief nobody was in the house but I could hear eman's cartoon playing from her room.

The car was not in the compound so I knew that he'd gone out.

I went upstairs and cleaned up the room , disposing the remain of the broken lamp.

I thought of talking to layla about what happened , then I remembered my mom's advice not to allow a third party into my marital affairs. I trust layla but I had to keep this to myself plus she had her own life to deal with. I settled on confronting Ammar when he was back.

__________________________________

Guys we have an angry bird on board 🤬😡. Chapter 22 is a wrap.
Thank you guys.