Chapter 13

Sumayya

I sat gingerly beside my mother looking at the TV screen , we were on a Skype call with ya ammar's grandparents to decide the wedding date .

" sumayya you're the bride what do you think?" Mama , ya ammar's grandma asked me

" Am okay with what you guys choose but I want a small wedding " I said and she nodded

" so it's finalised , 17th of next month " My grandpa said and we all nodded in agreement . Ya ammar wasn't present because he had some prior engagement at work.

I excused myself after they finalised the wedding date , for some reason. No one mentioned ya ammar's mother during the arrangement .

" so you guys are getting married next month" layla screamed over the phone
"Yes, will you stop screaming" I said and she laughed .

" layla, nobody has mentioned anything about ya ammar's mother during the wedding arrangements" I asked and layla sighed and switched to video call.

" she doesn't have quite a good relationship with the family , she and his dad her practically separated though not divorced ,they even still live in the same house" layla said, she'd told me that my future mother in law was a very nice woman but she'd changed over the years and nobody in the family likes to associate with her except her children.

I just hope she's quite good to me , I can't imagine having problems with my mother in law .

" don't worry you may not even get to see her much ,since ya ammar lives in a different house , he just goes to visit her sometimes" layla said, she must have seen the worried expression on my face

" We're pulling out all the stops for your wedding" layla said and I laughed
"There's not much you can do from abuja you know" I said as I sit on a stool infront of the vanity .

" what are you saying , expect me in lagos by the end of this month, do you think am gonna miss my bestie 's wedding" she said and I laughed shaking my head .

" Am craving coffee icecream " I said pouting and layla shaked her head at me
" you're addicted " she said before a creepy smile marrs her face

"What are you smiling about" I said knowing she was up to something, she shakes her head and says " so what colour did you choose"

" they asked me to choose that and it went with coffee brown and olive green" I said adjusting my camera on the dressing table .

" I swear you're obsessed with coffee" she said before hanging up , she had to go pick up some groceries for dinner.

I was scrolling through my phone when I got a message from an unknown number , the message said " Salamalikum it's Ammar" and I immediately knew it was him my husband to be I thought smiling .

I was helping my mom make dinner in the kitchen when kemi came in and said that I had a delivery , I went out confused cause I didn't order anything

The delivery man gave me a small box , I signed on a paper and went back inside.
"Did you order something" my brother asked sitting beside me as I opened the box .

"No kemi just came to tell me that I have a delivery " I said before bringing out a big tub of coffee icecream from coldstone ,a box of Ferrero rochers and a box of Krispy Kreme doughnuts .

" OMG , so much goodies ,who sent it " my brother ask trying to pick a donut but I slapped his hand away ,there was a note at the bottom of the box . The note said " I hope you enjoy it
~your husband to be . A

I felt like my heart melted after I read the note " ooh , your fiance is so sweet" he said trying to steal some chocolates this time .

" did ammar send those to you"my mom asked putting off her apron , I nodded and said " yes".
"That's very sweet of him" she said and I smiled before going upstairs with the box.

I left him a message which said " Thank you , I will enjoy it" before jumping on my bed with the box of donuts , I was busy watching a kdrama with my donuts when laylas call came in .
" so did you like the suprise" she said immediately I picked up the phone

"Yes but why did you tell him." I said rolling onto my back " abeg joor he asked for it and I couldn't get in the way of your romance" she said and I chuckled taking a bite of my donut .
"Well thanks anyway , I definitely liked it" i said and she laughed . I hung up after sending my greetings to bilal .

I call bilal by his name because he insisted and am more acquainted with him than ya ammar , but now since ya ammar is going to be my husband I can probably call him by him name after marriage .

Ammar

I smiled seeing her message that she will enjoy it , I'd called layla to ask for her favourite sweets , I just wanted to give her a little gift for accepting me. I don't know but the kind of attraction I have towards her , I've never felt it before .

" princess guess what" I said and eman looked up from her colouring book
" did aunty sumi come" she asking smiling at me " not yet but she's coming very soon, she's going to be your mommy " I said and squealed "really ,she going to be my mommy" she asked and I nodded , she jumped hugging me and I smiled , the joy she brings to the both of us.

___________________________________
Thanks guys , chapter 14 is a wrap
Don't forget to vote comment and share.
~nana🥰