Chapter 20

Ammar

I quickly pick up my car keys and drove to a nearby supermarket, I picked up some coffee flavoured chocolates and sweets , since she likes coffee flavour.
I also got some painkillers, sanitary napkins , hot water bottle and herbal tea. I drove back home .

When I got back home , I took some sweets in a plate and also asked dede to boil water and make the herbal tea.

" bring it upstairs with the bottle when it's ready" I said and she replied "yes sir".

I went upstairs with eman hiding the plates of sweets. She was cuddled up on the bed when we came in.

" why don't you have some sweets , I already asked dede to make you some herbal tea " I said to her and she nodded and sat up on the bed with a small thanks.

" can I have some mommy" eman asked and she nodded, eman smiled picking up a chocolate. " eman why don't we play downstairs so that mommy can sleep" I said cause eman won't let her rest.

" it's fine I want you guys to stay , I won't be able.to sleep anyway" she said with a small smile.

" why don't we watch a movie together" she said looking at me and I nodded and put on the TV.

"What do you want to watch " i asked and she turned to ask eman who chose Mickey mouse.

" come in" I said when I heard a knock on the door, dede came in with a tray which had a cup of tea and the hot water bottle.

While we were watching I turned to look at sumayya, who was sharing sweets with eman . She looked really pale and her rosy cheeks which were always filled with colour when she smiled had no colour.

I must have been crazy when I Said she wasn't my type, I now know that I don't have a type . My wife is my type.

Sumayya

I gave him a thankful smile while we watched the movie. I was really grateful, he'd gotten sweets, herbal tea ,a hot water bottle and other things to make me feel better. The only people who ever did that for me were my mom and layla.

He picked up him to take her to her room cause she fell asleep halfway through the movie. I felt better though it was still painful. While he was away , I picked up the remote and changed it to my favourite TV show , Bob hearts abishola.

" can I cuddle with you" I asked when he came back from tucking eman, he smiled and beckoned me to come closer.

" you don't have to be nervous to ask me, I'm your husband" he said pulling me closer to his side and raising the comforter up to our calves.

"Thank you" I said and he nodded , I really liked cuddling with him, his scent was strong and soothing . I also learnt that he wasn't really a fan of sweets cause I kept offering him some but he declined each time.

" don't worry I'm going to make you like sweets" I said after he declined for the nth time.

He chuckled and said " that's going to be very hard , my sisters and layla have tried over the years, layla says it's like teaching a dog not to bite shoes" .

" We're going to change that" I said and he smiled and said " goodluck on that".

"What's this show about " he asked and I replied " it a comedy show about Nigerians living abroad " I said and he nodded.

"So tell me about your job" I said and he turned to look at me surprised .
" nobody ever asks about my job , even layla says its boring" he said and I asked
" well, do you think it's boring" turning my full attention to him.

" This might sound cliche, but my job is quite interesting to me , I probably feel like that because I've always wanted to be an architect and also because I understand the concepts" he said rubbing circles on the side of my thumb where he held my hand.

" well I think that is really intriguing and I like it " I said to him after he explained some concepts about being an architect.

"Why?" He asked looking at me intently, " why what?" I asked .

"Why do like it " he asked placing his palm in mine.

I replied with the one thing in my mind , since I started listening to him.
" I like it for you, my husband" I said and looking into his eyes, I could see gratefulness , amusement and another thing which I couldn't depict in his eyes .

He stared at me for a while before a smile tugged at his lips and he pulled me closer before placing a sweet kiss on my temple.

I snuggled more into him. The silence was warm and comfortable.

Ammar

I couldn't be any more grateful when she told me she liked it for me . I could feel my heart fluttering in my heart when she said " for you , my husband" a feeling I haven't felt in all the 33years of my life.

I couldn't help but place a kiss on her forehead, and she snuggled closer to me as we allow the warm , comfortable silence prevail.

################################

Sumayya

"These are the plates we're using using for the dinner tomorrow , so wash them and keep them in the cupboard" I said to dede who nodded keeping the dishware aside.

I'd come downstairs to organize things for the dinner tomorrow since I was feeling better after I had a nap when we finished with the movie.

" do you know how to make tuwon and miyan kuka" I asked her.
" yes ma" she said and I nodded, " you will assist me to cook tomorrow since I don't know how to make hausa meals" I said and she nodded.

"I'd like that you clean everywhere throughly tomorrow" I said to atika and she nodded , I was setting up a humidifier for the living room.

After setting up , I put in some bukhoor oud that I had picked up when we went out earlier.

I also put an humidifier in every other place Including our room and eman's room. Though I put in soft scent oils like coconut, lemon and tangerine for the rooms.

" don't do that eman" I said to her as she kept trying to smell the steam coming from the humidifier opening.

" I would have married you earlier if I knew you would make the house scent this nice" Ammar said coming into the living room.

" so you would have only married me for nice scents" I said with a dramatic gasp and he laughed .

I could feel my self hyperventilating as he came closer and wrapped his hands around my waist ,hugging me from behind .

" calm down" he said in my ear with his beard grazing the skin on my neck.

I took deep breaths calming my self , though I could still feel my heart fluttering in my chest.

"God , you smell heavenly" he said resting his head in the crook of my neck and I smiled .

"Ammar, eman is here" I said removing his hands from my waist and he groaned with a small pout , I smiled at how cute he looked with his dimples popping out. I turned to look at eman but she was busy watching a nursery rhyme on her tablet.

I managed to get out of his hold and continued with the arrangements. I could still feel fluttering in my stomach even after he'd left me

___________________________________
Thank you guys

___________________________________Thank you guys