Chapter 6

Sumayya's pov
I don't know why I was acted harsh to him ,maybe its cause of my period.

I went downstairs to meet everyone ready and waiting for me.

"Salamalikum sir" I said smiling at him, I recognised him he is layla's grandpa

"You know him?" My grandpa asked confused.

"Yes he is layla's grandfather" I replied

"Oh okay , well he is my tennis buddy" grandpa said.

I looked at my side ,only to clash eyes with ya ammar ,I quickly averted my eyes and looked down.

I have to apologise to him , we all got into the car ,I sat infront beside ya ammar while our grandpa's sat at the back seat .

When we arrived at the court , our grandpa's went to set up while ya ammar and I sat on the bleachers .

"I'm sorry about earlier " I said in a low voice looking down .

"It's fine" he said and we continued watching the game.

"so ,you don't play" i asked surprised at my self , I was never someone to start a conversation especially with guys .

" I do play though am not a pro" he said

,"do you play" he asked

"No I just like to watch ,I'm not really a sports person" I said and looked on at the game ,my grandpa was losing ,so I went down to the court.

"Old man you're losing oo" I said and he looked at me and smiling.

"don't worry am going to bring in my A-game soon " he said while layla's grandpa just laughed , ya ammar was also standing by the court watching the game.

I went up to the bleachers to pick a phone call, it was layla she told me they were at one of maryam's friend house.

When I hung up I looked up and saw some guys sitting close to me ,so I adjusted down and looked down to my phone checking my notifications, until I felt a someone towering over me.

It was one of the guys " excuse me you're blocking my view" I said politely since I didn't want any trouble

"it's okay babes , I just need a moment " he said with a creepy smile and sat beside me , I quickly stood up to go and he pulled me by my hand .

I jerked my hand from his grasp "leave me alone you pervert" I said the he said something to the other guys in hausa and they blocked my

My heart was already beating rapidly in my chest .

What if they kidnap me ,I thought in my mind

"please let me go" I said desperately , I was afraid of all the incidents that could happen right now.

I started muttering my duas and praying to Ya Allah to save me .

"Let's just have a little fun " one of them said and I could smell liquor from his breath , his teeth were also yellow and I grimaced in disgust, he raised his hand to touch me and before he could do so , I heard.

" what are you trying to do" it was ya ammar , I sighed in appreciation and muttered alhamdulilah[thank God].

He came and stood infront of me , "sorry we didn't know she is your girl" they said and dispersed.

Am sure they left because they knew they were no match for him considering his build. They were quite lanky compared to him.

" Thank you so much" I said and sta tiredly on the bleachers, I could see our grandfathers walking their way up to us.

"Are you okay , hope they didn't try anything " my grandpa said looking worried

"don't worry I'm fine" I said .

"Okay let's pray as and then we can have lunch at my house " Ya ammar's grandpa said and led the way to the mosque , while the rest of us followed behind.

When we got to the mosque ,I diverted to the women's section while the rest went to the men section.

I looked around for the ablution section as I didn't see any taps or ablution kettles around.

"it's at the back just pass through that door" a lady in niqab said to me pointing to a door.

"jazakumullah khairan" I said and went to perform ablution after which I prayed and went out of the mosque to meet then waiting for me .

We loaded all the sports equipments and entered the car .

After driving for about 45 minutes ,ya ammar stopped the car infront of a gate and pressed the horn.

The gate was opened by a man and he drove in "mashallah" I muttered ,the house was beautiful.

It was a duplex in Ash and blue ,I never knew has and blue could look so beautiful together , it also had some intricate designs on the sides of the wall by the entrance .

"Beautiful right" my grandpa asked and I nodded on agreement .

We met a young boy who looked around the age 19, watching TV in the living room . The inner parts of the house was also stunning .

"salamalikum " he greeted and we all sat before a petite light skinned woman who looked like she was in her 70s came out and she looked really beautiful compared to her age .

Turns out she is ya ammar's grandmother while the boy is his younger brother.

"Sumayya right " she asked me and I nodded before she pulled me into a hug.

" it's a pleasure to meet you ma'am " I said and she smiled " oh don't be so formal , call me mama" she said .

We all settled at the dinning table for food , there was alot of hausa dishes and trust me , I definitely tried all the dishes .

I then followed her to the kitchen to help her serve the dessert which was kunun haya , yoghurt and chocolate cake.

"I must say you're very beautiful mama" I said arranged the plates in a tray .

"oh thank you , you're very beautiful too" she said and I smiled .

After dessert I saw a message from layla saying they were on their way home for the fitting.

" baba have to go now , we have a dress fitting" I said to my grandfather ,

"Goodbye mama " I said picking up my bag and phone to call an uber.

" wait , ammar why don't you drop her off " she said , he nodded picking up the car key .

"It was a pleasure mama "I said hugging her
"you're so sweet , come again " she replied and I nodded and went outside .

" thank you for earlier " I said to ya ammar "it's fine " he said .

"Thank you " I said getting down from the car with the , he nodded and drove off .

_______________________^__________
Thank you my lovelies
Don't forget to vote ,comment and share .
~nana🥰