Chapter 27

Sumayya

"Adda sumi you make the best coffee in the world" Khalil, ammar's younger brother said as he took another sip out of his cup. He'd come to stay with us while on holidays from Uni .

" she brews coffee like it's magic, but doesn't drink it" abdullahi said as he pulled out a chair at the table and sat down, my brother also came to stay with us cause my parents are travelling and he was going to be the only one at home.

" you don't drink coffee?" Khalil asked as he played with the teaspoon that rested on the edge of his cup.

" it's too bitter for my liking" I said stretching to the spices cupboard above me.

"You can add sugar and milk" Khalil said and abdullahi chuckled before saying " she still doesn't like the taste, she hates anything bitter" .

"You guys quit disturbing my wife " ammar said as he came into the kitchen
" wahala for who no get wife oo" Khalil said as he and abdul laughed.

" ewa I need to go to the office for a while I will be back soon" he said kissing my forehead .

Khalil has been an amazing person since the week he has been here, he even refused to call me adda sumi until I forced him and ammar told him it was okay. He also formed a good bond with abdullahi even though they have a few years age difference.

"Keep quiet joor weirdo, who even drinks coffee in the afternoon" ammar said to his brother and we all laughed.

"For your info guys, am only taking this coffee because it so good and I missed it this morning" Khalil said .

" uwcle khaiy " eman said as she came into the kitchen in her school uniform

" Maro go and change her dress , it's a bit hot then bring her downstairs for lunch" I said to her nanny and she nodded at me.

I was making busy making some gbegiri [ beans soup] and ewedu cause ammar's dad requested that I send some to the house.

I added in some ginger paste before stirring the gbegiri which was on fire.
" do you guys want some gbegiri, I can some amala with it so that we can have lunch" I said and they all nodded before trudging out the kitchen.

I made some amala and served everybody except eman since she's allergic, I just gave her the amala with some ewedu. I was holding eman's plate of food to come and feed her when Khalil who was in a hurry ran into me and the plate of food poured onto my clothes .

" I'm so sorry adda" Khalil apologized with a sincere face .

" it's fine it was a mistake"i said waving it off " maro please get some food for eman while I go and change" I said to her and she nodded collecting the plate from me.

I removed my clothes and took a shower since I was a bit hot from all the cooking . I then changed into a new gown and hijab before stopping by the laundry room to drop my dirty clothes.

" aaaaaaaaaaah" I heard a ear piercing scream as I came out of laundry room , I could recognize the voice it was maro who screamed , I was wondering why she shouted until eman came to my mind.

I ran hurriedly down the stairs to her room , I saw eman laying unconscious on the floor when I came in , she had red blotches allover and her lips were turning pale. I could feel my heart pounding against my chest as I screamed " ABDUL" . I quickly checked her pulse which was low , she was barely breathing. I gathered her in my arms and ran downstairs screaming ammar's name .

I tripped on my way down the stairs and quickly stood up again , Khalil and Abdul came running .

" eman ,she's not responding "I said heavily breathing , tears were already beginning to cloud my eyes.

Abdul collected her and rushed to the car , Khalil took the keys and drove hurriedly to the hospital.

I kept trying all sort of first aid but she was not responding , sweat had gathered up on my body and tears were streaming down my face, fear had my heart thumping fast I just can't lose her .

Abdul just kept shouting at Khalil to drive faster, Khalil drove hurriedly in to the nearest hospital and ammar got down with her in his arms running I to the hospital.

She was laid on a stretcher and wheeled into the treatment room , though they refused to let us in . Khalil kept shouting for them to let him in , I slid down to the hospital floor in tears .

We waited outside for some minutes before a doctor came out hurriedly ,
" what's wrong with her" I said to the doctor hurriedly with extreme worriedness.

" it's an allergy reaction and she went Into hemorrhagic shock from the reaction , so we need to operate to stop the bleeding " he said and I quickly asked for the procedures before going with him to sign some papers for them to carry one the operation.

" is she going to be okay " I asked breathing heavily as the doctor collected the papers. " I can't say until the surgery is over" he said before leaving. I kept muttering duas [prayers] as we stood outside the operating room.

" Khalil can you please call ammar and tell him to meet us at the hospital" I said and he nodded , Abdul kept ringing to calm me down but I just couldn't be calm ,my heart felt like to was going to burst out as I cried. I then realized that maro must have fed her some gbegiri since she was only allergic to beans.

Ammar came rushing to us after about 30 minutes , " what happened" he shouted at us . " she had an allergic reaction" Khalil said .

" I fucking told you not to feed her beans" he said shouting at me " I didn't know she had bean sit was her nanny that fed her " I said

He grabbed me harshly by my shoulder and dragged me out.

"Ammar calm down let's talk this out, I wa-" I said before he cut me off " you should have kept an eye on her " he shouted furiously, anger was dancing in his eyes.

" ammar I di-" I was saying before a slap landed on my face and I fell heavily to the floor. " it was my fault to have trusted you, you were nonchalant about her because she's not your daughter abi" he said angrily and I felt my heart break at that moment , how could he say that about me.

" she's my daughter too ammar, I would never do that" I said as I sobbed.

" she's not your daughter" he shouted and I tried to calm him down but he wouldn't listen.

" just get out of here, don't let me see you " he said and left me there on the floor as I cried from hurt ,that my husband did to me and fear of losing my daughter.

I just stayed by the corridor where he wouldn't see me , cause I didn't want him to get angry again infront of Abdul and Khalil.

He slapped me so hard that the corner of my lip was bleeding, I just waited muttering duas silently until the doctor came out.

I rushed behind them when I saw the doctor and he assured us that she was now okay and is been transfered to a room.

Ammar was about to shout at me again when Khalil came between us and took him outside.

Abdul and I went to check up on eman in her hospital room.

_______________^____________________

Poor Eman 😞

Thank you guys,don't forget to vote comment and share.
~nana🥰