Chapter 24

Sumayya

He molded his lips against mine, my heart stopped immediately I felt his lips on mine , I froze against him breathing heavily. It was as if I had a whole zoo of butterflies in my tummy. He snaked his hand around my waist pulling me closer , he then teased my lower lip with his tongue to gain entrance.

" what's wrong ?"He asked after breaking the kiss, we were both breathing heavily. " I don't know how to" I said and he smiled and said " just follow my lead" before capturing my lips against his, he pinched my waist and I gasped allowing him to gain entrance. I tried to suppress the moan eliciting from my throat as he gently sucked on my lower lip.

The kiss was slow and sweet ,he broke the kiss then focused on my neck and started trailing small kisses down to my collar bone. I was now straddling him as he worked his way to my shoulder.

My hands worked their way on his back , he slipped his hand under my tshirt and started rubbing the my waist while his other hand held me close to him.

" That was amazing" he said as he broke the kiss and looked into my eyes , his pupils were dilated and we were breathing heavily. I hid my face in his neck shyly " you don't have to be shy you know, we're married" he said and I just buried my face further into his neck breathing the musky scent of his body wash.

He gave me a small kiss and I quickly broke it off before he could deepen it
" that's enough for this night" I said rolling over to my side of his bed while he just groaned with a small pout
" you look so cute" I said poking his dimples and he gave me a fake glare before he said " cute is not the word wifey ".

We went to sleep after he dressed my wounds properly .

#############################
Time skip
A month later

Sumayya

" Ewa can you drop eman off today, I have to stop off at a client's office" Ammar said as I helped him knot his tie in the closet. He has been calling me Ewa
ever since , he says it's his nickname for me and I love it. He'd resume work a week after our wedding since we weren't going on our honeymoon yet , eman also resumed school while I was still job hunting .

Whoever knew finding a job was so hard, I didn't have to look for a job after I graduated from since my former company retained me during my NYSC.

Ammar has been treating me like a queen ,I've also become more comfortable with him even though I can still feel my heart fluttering everytime he kisses me or even come close to me.

I'd asked him where he learnt the word , the first time he called me Ewa since he's not yoruba . He just replied saying " I heard it in a movie and I found out that it means beauty , and your the most beautiful woman in my world" . The compliments he gives me still make me feel butterflies, the way he calls me Ewa make me feel like the most beautiful woman in the world.

One time he was looking for his phone , so I called it and I blushed like a tomato when I saw that he saved my contact as Orekelewa❤💍.

"So you're not having breakfast " I asked as he buttoned up his suit jacket

"I'll just have coffee , then get something to eat later" he said ,the pecked my lips before going out of the closet.

I quickly went downstairs to pack his breakfast together with lunch, I always packed food for his lunch since he'd always have breakfast at home.

I gave eman her sippy flask which was filled with some hot nesquik , before picking up ammar's lunch box when I heard him come downstairs.

"Papa no school today" eman asked as I passed him his lunch box . " mommy's gonna take you today " he said and kissed her forehead .

" go and get her ready for school, I will join you guys soon" I said to maro , before going out to see ammar off.

" Bye, goodluck on your interview" he said placing a kiss on my forehead before getting into the car, he drove out of the compound and I went back inside.

I had a job interview at a hospital today. After making sure that eman I picked all the necessities, I drove eman to school before driving to the hospital for my interview. The hospital was quite a distance so it took me sometime to get there .

" You will take the elevator to the fifth floor, then ask for the secretary, " the receptionist said pointing me to an elevator.

I stepped out when the elevator arrived at the fifth floor and walked to the woman behind a desk. This must be the hospitals management floor, given that I didn't see any patients or rooms.

" hello ma'am please am here for an interview could you direct me to the secretary" I said adjusting the strap of my bag on my shoulder.

" I'm the secretary, the interview session is that way you will see other people there" she said pointing to a hallway on her left.

I thanked her and walked down the direction , I saw 2 ladies and a man sitting there.

" sorry, is this the interview session" I asked on of the ladies and she nodded.

I realised I was going to be the last person to be interviewed so I busied myself with my phone.

" it's your turn" the lady I talked to earlier said as she came out of a office labelled director.

I knocked before going in and sat down , the man had his back turned to me , I quickly opened my bag yo bring out my file of credentials and everything I will be needing.

" Sumayya?" The man said as and I looked up ,only to meet the face of the first man to send a proposal for me.

" oh my God , Ridwan " I said smiling at him as he sat down .

I met him at a wedding and the next week he sent a marriage proposal to my house , we both liked each other but it didn't work out because his mom thinks am too traditional with my hijab and she wanted a modern woman for her son.

" how have you been, so you're a director now eh" I said and he smiled nodding at me.

" I'm good , how are you , what are you doing In abuja , did you relocate" he asked

" everything is fine, I relocated to abuja after I got married" I said and he looked at me surprised.

" you're married ?" He asked and I nodded.

" any kids " he asked again and I nodded before saying " I have a four year old daughter" I said and he nodded before he began to ask the interview questions .

" so we will get back to you "he said and I nodded " wait, Shagari?, did you get married to ammar shagari" he asked and I nodded.

" how do you know my husband" I asked " he's business partners with my dad"he said and I nodded.

" Bye, I hope to see you again:" he said
" that's if I pass the interview " I said before bidding him bye and walking out of the office.

I stopped at the market to get some ewedu , because I am making amala for dinner. Ammar's dad asked me to make him amala because he loves yoruba food anytime am coming to visit. So it became a normal that I cook Amala every Friday night when we go to visit his parents .

___________________________________

Thanks guys