Chapter 7

Ammar

"Thank you" she said getting down from the car , God her voice was so soft and soothing .

I refrained from making a conversation with her and just gave her short reply cause her voice definitely does something to me.

And the way her chubby cheeks lifts up when she smiles , it is divine .

Though I was a bit annoyed cause of her rude behaviour earlier but since she apologised, it was all cool.

For reason the image of her without her hijab when I walked in on her by mistake keeps flashing in my head.

I don't know why am having these stupid thoughts and rubbish feelings in my chest anytime I see her .

I mean I am acting like an hormonal teenager , plus she could be someone's fiance . I've heard layla say something about her fiance, Plus hijabi isn't my type.

Sumayya's Pov

I went inside the house to meet layla and maryam splayed on the rug giggling

"What are you guys giggling about"i asked sitting on the couch and removing my hijab.

"So how was the date" they asked smiling "what date?" I asked confused

"You and ya ammar" maryam said wiggling her eyebrows at me

"it wasn't a date , he just drove me home plus I don't do dates" I said shaking my head at the both of them .

"I totally ship you guyz" maryam said and I just hummed and closed my eyes.

I don't even think he likes me as a person not to even think romantically giving the way he was answering my questions .

I was definitely not his type but I care less since I will probably get married to the guy grandpa is setting me up with.

I can't help but wonder how Eman came about since he's not married ,maybe they are divorced I thought.

The seamstress came with some girl and started the dress fitting . After the fitting everyone was home so we had dinner.

____________________________________

Sumayya

Today is the kunshi[ henna party] , so everyone is getting prepared except the men since they were not invited , it is a women only function .

Every where was bustling with noise After everything was set up ,someone came to call layla upstairs .

Layla was dressed in a blue
atampa which had stones over the front bodice , it was a very beautiful dress and she went her downwithout hijab since we were all females

" you look so beautiful girl" I said smiling at her and she thanked me.

Layla is an epitome of beauty with her dark ebony skin, pointed nose, small pink lips and mildly prominent cheek bones and her eyebrows were to die for ,definitely the most unique I've ever seen.

I also wore an atampa was a dark shade of green and let my hair down, my hair was definitely one of the things I loved about being Egyptian the strong genes gave me black ,full and long hair which stopped a little lower than my lower back almost coming to my waist .

We went down to start the henna since everyone was already here.

I got introduced to some of layla's cousins and maryam friends .

"Are you lebanese"one of maryam's friend ,aisha asked

"No I'm half Egyptian and yoruba" I replied .

"Is this your real hair" one of layla's younger cousin asked

"yes"i replied smiling at her,

"ugh am sure it's just a wig"i heard someone say , I turned to look at the person .

It was Zaheedah,she is maryam's elder sister's friend , she was rude and had been making hostile comments about people since she arrived, she looked like a doll with the amount of make up on her face .

"Excuse me"i said raising an eyebrow at her

"what fatty, am I lying " she said
and I stood up furious , my weight was a sensitive topic for me.

" coming from someone as fake as you" I replied , I normally ignored people like her but she had crossed the line

" oh please, you look like and bloated balloon" she said

"and you look like a diseased hausa goat " I said there were oohs , she tried to slap me but I caught her hand and twisted it

"you wouldn't dare "I said before throwing her to the ground , when she tried to talk back

" get your things and get out " layla said glaring at her , she grabbed her bag and stomped out angrily .

" I'm really sorry about her sumayya " maryam said and nodded and said "it's fine " .

" you were cool back there girl , showed  her place " layla said high fiving me and I laughed .

After we all had our henna applied we watched a few movies , had some snacks

"Oh God am so tired " layla said and we all plopped on the bed groaning , we had just washed our henna hands and applied some lemon juice to make the colour pop .

Everyone had left and the maids were cleaning up

" you know she once dated ya ammar" maryam said as we lay on the bed

" who" i asked confused "Zaheedah" she replied "really when " I asked

"Before adda amna's death , they dated for 8 months " maryam said , turns out adda amna was ya ammar's immediate younger sister and maryam's elder sister
Who died in a car accident 4 years ago .

"So Zaheedah is Eman's mother ?"  I asked.

_________________________________
Woah ,who is eman's mother?
Thanks guyz.
Don't forget to vote comment and share.
~nana🥰