Chapter 15

Sumayya

I can't belive am getting married I said in my mind staring at my dolled up self in the mirror in front of me . I just sat in front of the dressing table in my grey come dark beige wedding dress , I could hear maryam ,layla and folake talking the background but I couldn't make out what they were saying it was all smucked up , I just can't concentrate on anything.
Sumayya's dress

" sumi" I heard as someone shakdd me bu my shoulders , it was layla she had a worried look on her face

" are you okay" folake asks and I nodded giving them a fake smile. Truth to be told u wasn't okay . Everything was quite overwhelming to me , I was going to be someone's wife and mother today.

" No need to be sacred , am sure my brother will treat you like a queen" maryam said patting my shoulders, I sighed and nodded with a smile, a genuine one this time.

" it's almost time, let's go to the venue" My mom said as she came in, she looked beautiful in a beautiful green dinner gown , her head is clad in a turban and she had an exquisite scarf around her shoulders . All the traditional processions had been completed yesterday.

" okay" I said standing up from the stool I was sitting on , the girls were also looking beautiful in their gown . It was a green gown with silver embroidery that they had all agreed on .

I sighed and stopped right before entering the venue, the venue was a large outdoor garden .

"Are you ready" Layla asked and I nodded , I was quite nervous and shaky I mean what was i expecting , I'd never gotten married before .

I raised my gaze to look at him, he looked really handsome clad in a babban Riga with the colour exactly like mine, my mom insisted that we had to match . I decided to study his face when his eyes clashed with my and I quickly averted my gaze , I picked on a small smile at the corner of his lips when he caught me looking at him.

Soon I was sitting with the imam in front of us and my dad by my side.

" Do you accept to give your daughters hand in marriage to Ammar Nabil Shagari" the imam asked my dad and he replied "Yes I give my daughters hand in marriage to Ammar Nabil Shagari ".

The imam then turned to Ya ammar ,
" Do you accept Sumayya Oluwatumininu Oyetide as your wife with the bride price of 50 thousand naira " he asked and Ya ammar replied yes. He also turned to me and asked viceversa and I replied with a yes .

" congratulations to the newly wedded couple" the imam said .

The venue

    Ya ammar extended his hand to me as we were about stepping down from the stage , I breathed in nervously and place d my shaky hand in his

Ya ammar extended his hand to me as we were about stepping down from the stage , I breathed in nervously and place d my shaky hand in his .

" no need to be nervous wifey" he whispered in my ear squeezing my hand , I nodded and gave him a small smile.

The party was now in full bloom ,as the voices of the guest overthrew eachother , plates of food were vying passed around , children jumping here and there. I sat beside ya ammar at our table devouring a stick of chicken barbecue while sliding eman a few pieces.

"You know I can see you sliding her pieces of your chicken right" he said with a smirk , he'd stopped her from having chicken because he thinks it will be too spicy for her.

" It's not pepper daddy" eman said smiling at ya ammar with a sauce covered lips.

" ohk you better not complain to me later" he said and she nodded before saying " don't worry , I have mommy now" . I snickered looking at ya ammars expression at her words .
"Already siding with mommy eh" he said and eman nodded snuggling into my side , something gave me the courage to put out my tongue at him .

" the both of you are unbelievable " he said and we both laughed.

" thanks so much guyz" I said , I was in a group hug with layla , maryam and folake.

" I will miss you ,habibti " my mom said planting a kiss on my forehead,
" oh my eldest daughter" my dad said pulling me into a hug .

I am definitely going to miss my parents , they have been around my whole life now I have to manage without them .

" I will miss you guyz" I said to baedhor and abdullah as we hugged each other.

After all the pleasantries , I got into the car with ya ammar and eman.
The driver drove us to the airport as we had a flight to abuja.

" I'm so sorry for the stress but I don't want us to spend our wedding night in an hotel" ya ammar said and I nodded .

Turns out , I married a quite rich man , we were going to abuja with a private jet " subhanallah, I didn't know an architect can be this rich " I said in my mind.

" I own an architectural company , sweetheart" he said and I figured that I must have talked out loud . My cheeks turned warm with the way he said sweetheart.

We landed in abuja in no time and a car was waiting for us outside the airport.

I looked at the house in awe as the car drove into the compound ,God it was beautiful. It was a duplex in my favourite coffee brown and cream, who knew coffee brown could look so beautiful on a house . Something gave me the courage and I said " I love what you did with the house" he just smiled and took my hand .

I went to tuck Eman into bed with ya ammar , she'd flew asleep on our way home . Ya ammar then led the way to our room, it was a nice room with feew antiques and cream walls , I was also very spacious with a queen size bed .

I sat on the bed tiredly , ya ammar had gone downstairs to bring the luggage up ,I offered to help but he refused. I didn't see any maid around so I figured he must have left them off for the night.

Groaning I felt pangs of pain in my stomach , I was about to rule it out as stomachache when it hit me . I was getting my period , I quickly stood up but I was too late I had stained the white sheets of the bed with blood .

Oh God I said in my mind , what will I do now , I quickly got to pulling off the sheets before ya ammar would come in.

I froze as the door opened , I am doomed " why are you taking the sheets off" ya ammar asked confused , his eyes landed on the huge blood stain on the sheets and realization set in.

" I'm really sorry , I didn't know , I promise I will wash the sheets tomorrow, no i mean this night" I said rambling on , I stopped talking when I saw him smiling .

" it's okay , sumayya it's also your bed and you don't have to wash the sheets the maid will come in tomorrow " he said and I nodded looking down in embarrassment.

I mean who even stains their bed on their wedding night . " it's really okay, just go and freshnen up " he said and I nodded fleeing to the bathroom.

___________________________________

OMG , a stain on the wedding night eh?
Thank you so much guyz don't forget to vote comment and share.
~nana🥰