5 | the Holidays

You were counting the days until you can go back to the dorms, it's not much better but at least you can binge purge in peace without being judged, in here you have to muffle your gags and pretend that everything is alright.

Unlike any other normal teenager, you always hated it when the holiday season would roll around. It meant that you would have to face your two worst enemies - food and people, and a lot of them. You always felt completely out of place and such a wicked child in an extremely happy environment.

You felt like you were the only person who was obsessed with food and food rituals. Rather, holidays, for you, were a celebration of fear and isolation.

You would lock yourself in your room. Your bulimia destroyed any happiness or genuine relationships you could possibly have have.

Today, you had to accompany your dad in his hero agency, you brought decorated christmas cookies for everyone at the office. You swore you wont even touch one.

You sit down in the meeting room as a lady welcomes everyone and start presenting criminal rate of Japan and the next missions they'll do.

She starts her slide show and at some point she talks about the League of Villains and well... Dabi,

"Dabi is extremely dangerous, we believe he killed multiple people and he even participated in the kidnapping of a UA Student"

when you see his face and hear his name you audibly gasp. Everyone in the room looks at you.

"Have you ever met him Y/n?"

"Euh, no, i was just shocked to hear what he did..."

You barely got out of that one... he can't be a villain can he? He truly didn't seem like the kind of man that would kill for pleasure, maybe he had his reasons?

He would have to explain himself... after that reveal you weren't focused on the meeting at all, all you could think about is Dabi. This might make things weird and you don't know how to bring this up, so you decide it would be best if you didn't say anything and pretended you never knew of his criminal record.

After a long day at your Dad's hero agency, your dad drops you off at home before patrolling the streets of Hakone. You were extremely tired. All you wanted to do is watch a few episodes of Grey's Anatomy, seeing the doctors inspired you and keeps you going, you will be one of them some day.

You make hot chocolate milk and watch a couple of episodes.
You get a text from Dabi asking you about your day.

"It was a long day, the meetings were so long and boring, it honestly seems pointless to point out what's wrong without having any idea how to fix the issues that the city faces, or help rehabilitate villains"

"Y/n, do you even want to be a hero?"

"No not really, i want to work in the medical field.."

"Whatever it is you decide to do, i support you, you should follow your dreams"

"Thanks Dabi, helping people without putting on a show to gain attention and praise is the reason why i want to be a plastic surgeon, i want to help people silently, I hate being the center of attention"

"I understand that, because of my scars i am often the center of attention and i hate it, so i get why you don't like it"

You leave the living room and go upstairs, you lay down on your bed and stare at the ceiling until you fall asleep. Hopefully tomorrow will be a better day