38 | The mission

Two months had passed, ushering in March and nearing the conclusion of spring break. The students from the Hero course were caught off guard by the revelation that their internships would unite them all in one location. As they convened with Burnin, the purpose of their collective mission unfolded-to evacuate the residents of Jaku City, while the seasoned Heroes tackled a critical situation at the foot of the mountains.

An assembly of Pro Heroes, including Endeavor, Eraser Head, Present Mic, Mirko, Gran Torino, Ryukyu, Crust, Wash, the Wild, Wild Pussycats, Rock Lock, Manual, Thirteen, Ectoplasm, and more, gathered for a crucial meeting with Naomasa. The shocking revelation was delivered: the elusive "Dr. Ujiko," the mastermind behind the Nomu, was unmasked as Kyudai Garaki-the Quirkless founder of Jaku General Hospital and an advocate of Quirk-based healthcare.

Rock Lock voiced skepticism, questioning the evidence. Naomasa responded, detailing a daring undercover operation wherein a subordinate infiltrated the hospital, capturing a photo of Kyudai beside a small Nomu in an undisclosed area. Caution was urged to avoid calamities akin to the Hosu and Kamino Incidents, emphasizing the mission's objective-to dismantle the entire Paranormal Liberation Front.

A vast array of Pro Heroes, including Edgeshot, Mt. Lady, Kamui Woods, Midnight, Gang Orca, Fat Gum, Suneater, Majestic, Cementoss, Ms. Joke, and others, assembled near the Liberation's mansion-the Gunga Mountain Villa. Several students, including 1-A's Denki and Fumikage, and 1-B's Kinoko Komori and Juzo Honenuki, accompanied the group temporarily, their assistance explained by Midnight.

Meanwhile, in a local city, citizens pondered the absence of Pro Heroes. Slidin' Go patrolled the streets alone, oblivious to the impending revelation. Death Arms emerged, swiftly arresting Slidin' Go for his affiliation with the Paranormal Liberation Front.

With preparations underway, Burnin signaled the students to commence evacuating the citizens, while Endeavor and his squad executed a raid on Jaku General Hospital. The hospital staff and patients were startled by the influx of Heroes. Naomasa's undercover agent approached Endeavor, urging him to follow.

In the hospital hallway, Dr. Garaki hummed contentedly, believing everything was proceeding according to plan for Tomura's preparation. Suddenly, a horrified realization struck him-Endeavor and other Heroes were rushing toward him, ready to arrest him.

Kyudai attempted to flee but tripped on Eraser Head's Capturing Weapon. As Endeavor and the others closed in, Kyudai's age began to accelerate, revealing he was not Quirkless. Naomasa theorized this anomaly might hold the key to All For One's longevity.

Present Mic interrogated Kyudai, anger evident, while two doctors intervened, questioning the Heroes' actions. Mandalay informed them that the hospital was evacuated, ready for the impending battle.

As Nomus launched a counter-assault, Mirko suggested securing the area without conflict, given their control over the Nomus. Eraser Head confronted Kyudai, vowing to strip away everything, but Nomus suddenly burst through the floor, one with drill arms tearing into Kyudai.

However, Kyudai's apparent demise revealed a shocking truth-he was a Double clone created by Twice. Mirko charged into the lab, disrupting Kyudai's plans. Amid the chaos, Mirko reported Kyudai's location to the Heroes, who continued battling Nomus elsewhere in the hospital.

As the Hospital Raid Team advanced, Eraser Head halted Nomus with his Erasure and Jet Burn combination. Crust, Rock Lock, and X-Less tried reaching Mirko's location but faced Nomu obstacles. Meanwhile, Mirko closed in on Kyudai, preparing to determine if he was the real deal.

A smaller Nomu named Mocha intervened, creating a distraction. Kyudai seized the opportunity, activating the remaining High-Ends. Mirko was slammed into a tanker, and as the High-Ends prepared to unleash chaos, Crust arrived at the lab, ready to confront the looming threat.

The battle intensified as Mirko faced off against the High-Ends, determined not to yield. Despite the odds, Mirko's resilience and tenacity shone through, setting the stage for a fierce confrontation with the Nomu.

At Gunga Mountain Villa, Skeptic panics as the Heroes approach, pointing fingers at Twice for the leaked information. Despite his surprise at Hawks' deception, he remains adamant that Twice is to blame, all while the mansion bears the brunt of the Heroes' assault.

Meanwhile, the backup team of students anxiously awaits the unfolding battle. Kyoka detects the enemy's movements, and a Hero advises them on the significant threat they're about to face. Concerned for Denki, Kyoka shares her worry with Momo, who reassures her about Denki's capabilities.

Denki, however, voices his preference for being with friends rather than at the front lines. Midnight attempts to calm him, emphasizing the need for his Electrification Quirk in the upcoming confrontation. Denki, in disagreement, catches the attention of Fumikage. Fumikage recalls a moment during their guitar practice when Denki displayed his dedication to helping Kyoka with their performance. Cementoss then forcefully opens the mansion's front.

Amidst the chaos, Skeptic warns those in the assembly hall, orchestrating the movement of different regiments. A scarred villain, eager to initiate the Liberation Revolution, steps forward, undeterred by the Hero onslaught. Edgeshot, determined not to let any villains escape, rallies the Heroes.

Seeking to ease Denki's nerves, Midnight offers comforting words. Denki, turning to look at Kyoka, internally expresses his desire to be with his friends. Kyoka, in turn, wishes for Denki's swift and safe completion of the mission.

The villain, preparing to unleash his electric power, is met with Denki charging forward, unexpectedly absorbing the electricity. Reflecting on their shared guitar practice, Fumikage recognizes Denki's profound care for his friends. Denki's surprising ability to absorb electricity shifts the dynamics, and he passionately asserts the need to overcome their adversaries.

The Heroes strategically seal off escape routes and communication channels to ensure victory. Inside the mansion, Re-Destro and Trumpet relay crucial information to the Paranormal Liberation Front's followers. Learning about the Hero attack induces stress in Re-Destro. Outside, Cementoss fractures the Villa, forcing villains into combat. Undeterred, Denki continues to press on. The electric villain directs others to attack Denki, but a coordinated effort by Heroes such as Edgeshot, Midnight, Kamui Woods, Juzo, and Kinoko turns the tide in favor of the Heroes against the remaining villains.