42 | Life in Lille

As the days turned into weeks and the weeks into months, you found yourself settling into life in Lille with surprising ease. The bustling streets, the cozy cafes, and the picturesque parks all began to feel familiar, like pieces of a puzzle slotting into place.

In the mornings, you would rise early, the crisp air tinged with the promise of a new day. Snowball would greet you with enthusiastic barks, his tail wagging eagerly as he accompanied you on your morning walks through the cobbled streets of the city. Together, you would explore the hidden corners and secret pathways, discovering new wonders at every turn.

Then, it was off to the café-a cozy corner nestled between ancient buildings, where the aroma of freshly brewed coffee mingled with the scent of freshly baked pastries. It became your sanctuary, a place where you could lose yourself in the pages of your textbooks, surrounded by the comforting hum of conversation and the gentle clink of cups.

The library, too, became a second home. You would spend hours poring over textbooks and journals, your mind a whirlwind of information as you prepared for the rigors of med school. And yet, amidst the endless studying, there was a sense of exhilaration-a thrill in the pursuit of knowledge, in the journey towards your dreams.

But it wasn't all work and no play. In your free time, you would wander the streets of Lille, with Snowball, taking in the sights and sounds of the city. Together, you would watch the sunset from the banks of the river, the sky ablaze with hues of orange and pink as the world around you faded into shadow.

Today, you spent all your morning at your favourite café, you were studying all day. You haven't noticed that it was 4pm already and all you had was a sugar free latte. You were quite anxious about lunch, ever since you were alone your bulimia worsened; it became a friend of some sorts, it was the only constant thing in your life after all.

You noticed that another letter arrived while you were out. your heart skipped a beat as you recognized the familiar handwriting on the envelope. It was from Dabi, the man you loved more than anything in the world.

you carefully opened the letter, savoring the moment as you unfolded the crisp paper. Each word was like a precious gem, shining with the love and longing that Dabi poured into them. you cherished every letter you received from him, keeping them in a special box that you had decorated with pictures of you together.

"My Dearest Y/n,

As I sit down to write this letter, I find myself overwhelmed by the flood of emotions that courses through me. Words seem inadequate to express the depth of my feelings for you, but I will try nonetheless.

From the moment our paths first crossed, I knew that you were destined to be more than just a fleeting presence in my life. There was something about the way you looked at me, with eyes that seemed to pierce through the darkness and see the man beneath the mask.

With each passing day, my love for you has only grown stronger, deeper, more profound. You are the light that guides me through the darkest of times, the anchor that keeps me grounded when the world threatens to pull me under.

I am not a man of many words, but know this-I love you more than life itself. You are my everything, my reason for being, and I would move heaven and earth to keep you safe and happy.

Until the day when we can be together again, know that you are always in my thoughts, my heart, and my prayers.

Forever and always, Dabi"

As you read the letter, you couldn't help but smile at the memories that flooded your mind. you remembered the first time you met, how Dabi approached you at the mall then asked you to drink coffee with him, how you felt so comfortable that you decided to open up to him, show him the real you.

But as much as you cherished these letters, they also brought a sense of sadness. Dabi was fighting alone in Japan, and you couldn't be there by his side. you longed to hold him, to feel his warmth and hear his voice. But for now, these letters were all you had.

you read the letter over and over again, imagining how Dabi's words would sound if he were there with you. you could almost hear his deep, raspy voice whispering the words of love and devotion that he had written.

But as the sun began to set and the sky turned a deep shade of orange, you knew it was time to put the letter away. you carefully placed it back in the box, knowing that she would read it again before she went to sleep. You studied a biochemistry chapter then took Snowball on a short walk around the appartment complex.

As you lay in bed that night, you closed your eyes and imagined Dabi's arms around you, his lips brushing against you forehead as he whispered those three little words that meant everything to you. And for a brief moment, you felt like he was there with you, even though you were miles apart.

The letter from Dabi was more than just words on a page. It was a reminder of your love, a promise that no matter what, they would always find a way to be together. And as long as she had these letters, you knew that your love would never fade. Distance makes the heart grow fonder after all.