63

☆ 63. Chapter 63font record

Previous chapter table of contents next chapter

Chapter 63

Sui Yi was startled when she heard the sound. Did she just hear the voice of the Everlasting Pine? Its voice felt very painful, as if it had been enduring something.

Sui Yi had never seen a pine tree before, and she had never seen such a big pine tree, but she could tell that the pine tree was in very bad condition. Its branches were yellow and dry, and a large swath of pine needles would fall when a gust of wind blew, like fallen leaves. It was like rain. When Sui Yi lowered his head, he could still see the roots of the tree. Some places were already rotten, and the rot was still spreading. Judging from the condition, it should not last long before it would die.

Qin Xiao walked to the pine tree, gently rubbed the trunk, looked at Sui Yi and asked: "Do you know this tree?"

Sui Yi shook his head and nodded: "I heard that it was the ten plants that survived after the Great War. One of the immortal pine trees, but I have only heard of it, and this is the first time I have seen it." "You are right, this

is the eternal pine tree. Have you seen the village at the foot of the mountain? They are the people who have guarded the eternal pine tree for generations, but They are about to leave this village." Qin Xiao looked at Sui Yi and said seriously.

"Is it because it's going to die?" Sui Yi asked, lowering her eyes slightly.

"Yes, the research laboratory of Bei Union University has calculated that this everlasting pine may only last about a week before it will completely wither." Qin Xiao said with a sigh and heartache in his tone. This everlasting pine walked with Bei Union. After a long, long time, we have witnessed the rise and fall of the Northern Alliance. Is it finally coming to an end?

"You brought me here?" Sui Yi looked at Qin Xiao. At first, she really thought that Helin City ran to such a remote place because he couldn't stop the aircraft. She didn't expect that he had another purpose.

"I just want you to see it. Maybe you won't be able to see it in the future. Of course, I am still lucky. What if you have a way to save it? Then it can survive." He looked at Sui Yi and said: "Of course, this is just a fluke. This time, I mainly want you to see this everlasting pine."

"What's the story about it?" Sui Yi asked, looking up at the tall tree.

"It is said that the Everlasting Pine is a gatekeeper tree, guarding the door between hell and the world. If the tree is evergreen, people will never grow old, so it is called the Everlasting Pine." Qin Xiao also heard this from his father. He didn't think much of it at the time, but now But he felt more and more that this pine tree was very similar to him. He was guarding the gate of the Northern Alliance to prevent foreign enemies from invading. Although he was choked for food, he was also trying his best to do things and seek opportunities and changes. ,

before Jinsu 23 and Blade Fruit appeared, he had already submitted a petition to the top. As long as three people signed, he could lead the Northern Alliance to fight a bloody road. He didn't care what the covenant regulations were. These were all nonsense in the face of life and death. ! He had wanted to fight for a long time, but his superiors would always persuade him. This made matters worse. The Northern Alliance did not have the capital to fight, and first of all, food was not allowed.

Other alliances can afford it, but they can't. More people will die and more blood will be shed.

How could he not know that relying on other people's food to survive would only slow down the death rate of the Northern Alliance people. How many people died of exhaustion because they were not full and worked hard? How many people starved to death?