Chapter 42

...

As Kenzo strolled down the familiar streets of Mustafu, the morning sun cast a warm glow over the bustling city, filling him with a sense of contentment. With his headphones in place, he bobbed his head to the beat of a catchy pop tune, a grin spreading across his face as he hummed along.

Passersby greeted him with waves and smiles, their faces lighting up with excitement as they recognized the famous hero in their midst. Kenzo returned their greetings with a friendly nod and a bright smile, enjoying the positive energy that surrounded him.

As he turned a corner, Kenzo's cheerful demeanour faltered when he caught sight of two familiar figures locked in a heated altercation. Midoriya and Bakugo, his students from Class 1-A, were in the midst of a vicious brawl, their fists flying as they exchanged blows with reckless abandon.

Kenzo's heart sank as he hurried toward them, his music forgotten as he tuned into their argument. Midoriya's voice was laced with frustration as he shouted at Bakugo, his green eyes blazing with anger.

"You never listen, Bakugo!" Midoriya yelled, his voice tinged with desperation. "You always think you know best, but you never stop to consider the consequences of your actions!"

Bakugo sneered, his red eyes narrowed in contempt. "I don't need to listen to you, Deku," he spat, his voice dripping with disdain. "You're weak, and you always will be."

Kenzo's heart ached at the sight of his students at odds with each other, their friendship strained by their conflicting ideologies. He knew that Midoriya and Bakugo had always had a complicated relationship, but he had hoped that they would find a way to overcome their differences and work together as a team.

"Hey, hey, what's going on here?" Kenzo interjected, his voice firm as he stepped between them, his hands held up in a gesture of peace.

Midoriya and Bakugo paused, their faces flushed with anger as they turned to face their teacher. For a moment, there was a tense silence as they regarded each other warily, their fists still clenched at their sides.

"Mr. Ikari," Midoriya began, his voice trembling with emotion. "I-I'm sorry, we were just-"

"Save it," Kenzo interrupted, his tone stern. "I don't want to hear excuses. Fighting in the streets is not how heroes behave."

Bakugo scowled, his jaw clenched as he glared at Kenzo. "Mind your own business, Mr Ikari," he growled, his voice low and dangerous.

Kenzo frowned, running a hand through his hair in frustration. "Don't talk to me like that, Bakugo," he said firmly. "I expected better from both of you."

Deciding that this wasn't going anywhere, Kenzo steered Midoriya and Bakugo into the school and toward his office, their resistance futile against his determined stride. As they entered the room, Kenzo closed the door behind them, his expression stern.

"Sit," he commanded, gesturing toward the chairs in front of his desk.

Midoriya and Bakugo exchanged glances, their earlier animosity giving way to a shared sense of apprehension. Reluctantly, they obeyed, taking their seats with subdued mumbles of acknowledgment.

Kenzo settled into his chair, his gaze shifting between the two students. He could sense the tension thick in the air, but he remained composed, ready to address the situation with the gravity it deserved.

"Let's cut to the chase," Kenzo began, his voice measured yet firm. "Your behaviour out there was unacceptable. As aspiring heroes, you're expected to uphold a certain standard of conduct, both in and out of the classroom."