UA days 1

I decided I'm going to start writing snippets of Kenzo's UA days! 

I hope you like them <3

***

In the springtime, outside the hero informatics classroom at UA High School, the air was filled with the sweet melodies of birds perched on lush trees. Kenzo Ikari, in his slightly dishevelled UA uniform (the absence of his tie reflecting his rebellious streak) occupied a seat on the third row near a partially opened window, where a gentle breeze tousled his silky blonde locks.

Despite his anticipation for the day ahead, Kenzo found himself struggling to stay awake. Last night's restless excitement about his upcoming plans weighed heavily on his mind. Today marked a significant event: a rendezvous with his long-time crush, Hana Nakamura.

Though, if truth be told, it wasn't exactly a date. Summoning his courage, Kenzo had merely asked Hana if she'd like to "hang out and grab ice cream." Nevertheless, it felt like a meaningful step towards his ultimate goal.

"Ikari, eyes front," commanded Aizawa, their form teacher, piercing Kenzo's reverie, drawing the attention of the entire class.

"Sorry, Sensei," Kenzo responded, straightening up and offering his trademark grin to his classmates.

As the lesson continued, Kenzo found himself easily distracted by the playful banter between his friends, Tsukomi Dennis, a fiery-haired American exchange student, and Ibushi Roy, known for his striking blue locks.

Dennis nudged Kenzo with his elbow, a mischievous glint in his eye. "Hey, Kenzo, did you hear about Mimi's party? I wanted to go but apparently she's only inviting third years."

Kenzo chuckled. "Well she invited me as well, but I don't know if I'm gonna go. I've got loads of training to catch up on."

Roy threw his hands up dramatically. "You've been invited to Mimi's party and you're not going? Come on, Kenzo, live a little! That's like the event of the term!"

"Hey no fair." Dennis muttered. "I wish I was tall and blonde, then maybe-"

"Then maybe you'd get some bitches?" Roy finished for him, feigning innocence.

"I was gonna phrase it nicer but yes. Ouch"

"Guys shush. Aizawa's gonna notice." Kenzo whispered, also laughing at Dennis's misery.

"Nah, he won't," Roy grinned, "He's too busy perfecting his 'I'm so done with these kids' glare."

Their laughter drew Aizawa's attention once again, and he sighed deeply, pinching the bridge of his nose. "Ikari, Dennis, Roy, detention. Lunch."

"Nooooo! It's yakisoba todayyyy!!!!" Dennis cursed under his breath as Roy's eye began to twitch.

Kenzo sighed heavily, deciding to do something for his friends. "Sorry, Sensei. It was my fault. I'll take the detention."

Aizawa raised an eyebrow, but with a nod, he agreed, "Very well, Ikari. Detention is yours alone. The rest of you, consider yourselves lucky this time."

Despite the consequences, Kenzo couldn't help but feel a sense of camaraderie with his friends, knowing that even in trouble, they had each other's backs.

As the lunch bell rang, signaling the departure of the rest of the class, a tall, imposing figure approached Kenzo with a disapproving frown. It was Toshiro, the impeccably dressed class president known for his strict enforcement of rules and regulations.

"Tsk, tsk, Ikari," Toshiro chided, his tone dripping with disappointment. "Always finding yourself in trouble, aren't you? Another detention, and where is your tie? You know the dress code."