Chapter 12

n// i know this isnt my usual gif but every gif of this beautiful scene showed rebekah's face and yeah i dont have a face claim for Thora but i know that it aint rebekah sooooo... anyways if you guys wanna suggest some face claims for Thora that would be awesome and highly appreciated!! but long story short i love you guys and i apologize for the shitty short ass chapter but regardless i hope you enjoy!

As Klaus played pretend as the school teacher/vampire hunter who's friends are 99% vampires, Thora played pretend too. She pretended to be the heartbroken dead vampire who knew she would never get to be in the man she loves' arms again. She pretended to mourn her once-life for the second time. She pretended that she was Esther Mikaelson's dream daughter that she actually wanted and liked. Esther looked past the vampirism and began to love Thora since the favor she did for the girl, teaching her all sorts of things about magic and the history of the craft. Thora claimed that it got her mind off of what could have been with Niklaus, when in reality, she was building up her knowledge for something bigger.

The couple's days were routine for weeks. Get up, play pretend, plot something when the day was done, and then wait for another day to begin. Even when Klaus was back in his body and one of the four remaining Mikaelson siblings were awoken from their slumber to stop him, it was basically still the same. Get up, play pretend, plot something when the day was done, and then wait for another day to begin.

Until one day, it was different. Thora was sitting in the grass with Esther, who was teaching her yet another lesson on magic. She was listening intently while making flower garlands aimlessly. Suddenly, there was a sharp pain in Thora's head.

"Ugh!" She groaned out, grasping her head in agony. "Oh my god!"

Esther rushed over to her and gazed over her in confusion.

"What's happening?!" Thora cried out, tears streaming down her face. "I'm dead! I'm not supposed to- ah!"

The pain moved to Thora's heart and she screamed, making Esther's eyes widen.

"This can't be possible," Esther whispered. "This isn't supposed to happen!"

"What's happening?!"

"Someone's trying to bring you back..."

Thora's eyes widened in realization and she almost smiled, but another wave of pain hit her right in the chest again, making her wail. Esther began chanting things in Latin, but they didn't help anything. And that was the last thing Thora remembered before everything went black.

"Who the hell is she?! And why did she show up like a freakin' mirage or something?! And why in the hell is she wearing that?!" A manly voice shouted, making Thora's head pound even harder than it already was.

She groaned and opened her eyes, being greeted with intense blue ones.

"W-Where am I?" She asked groggily. "Who art thou?"

"Great, we've got Shakespeare on our hands," The man groaned to himself. "Look, weirdo ghost-girl, I'm Damon-"

"Thora?" A voice whispered in astonishment, making the whole group's eyes widen. "Is that you?"

Thora sat up a bit more and squinted her eyes, letting them focus on the man in a suit with tears in his eyes. He gasped and sped over to her, leaning by her side and embracing her in a tight hug, taking her off guard.

"It's been so long, young Thora," He said softly, clutching her closer to him. "I thought you were gone forever!"

"Uh," She said, uncomfortably rubbing his back. "I apologize for my lack of knowledge, but I have to inquire. Who might you be? And why are we embracing?"

And that was the moment that all hell broke loose.