Chapter 60

n// just dropping in to say that i apologize for taking so long with this — it's just that i felt at a loss with this story. but when my baby sebstab LITERALLY JUST POINTED OUT THAT THIS BOOK HIT ONE MILLION......... I KNEW I HAD TO GIVE YALL A THANK YOU GIFT.  YOU DONT KNOW HOW MUCH THIS MWANS TO ME IM CURRENTLY CRYING.  YALL MADE MY DREAMS COME TRUE AND HAVE HELPED ME BECOME A BETTER AUTHOR AND I PROMISE THIS STORY IS COMING BACK HELL YEAH ENJOY THE CHAPTER THIS IS DEDICATED TO ALL OF YOU WHO READ THE STORY ENOUGH TO GET IT TO A MILLION I FUCKING LOVE YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! FUCK YEAH!!!!!!!!!!

"Must we leave so early?" Thora whined at her husband, still half asleep. "Bekah probably isn't even up yet!"

"It's best to get a start on things bright and early, love, you know this," Klaus grinned, practically dragging the woman up the path to his sister's door. "Besides, if my darling sister won't awaken by herself, it's best that we help her, no?"

Thora just rolled her eyes at the man, grumpily entering her sister-in-law's home. Walking down the halls, Klaus reached to open the door to his sister's bedroom when all of the sudden it swung open, revealing a stressed out looking Stefan Salvatore.

There was a moment of silence between the three as Rebekah stirred, waking up at the commotion. Seeing what was going on, she gasped, grabbing her robe from off the floor and covering herself up.

"Well," Klaus chuckled, hearing Thora's groan from beside him. "Leaving so soon?"

Getting out of bed, Rebekah marched right up to her brother, embarrassment written all over her face.

"This is my place, Nik. I don't appreciate you invading my privacy like some sort of creeping Tom!"

"Well, I apologize for breaking up this sordid little tryst, but I do have some urgent business. Or have you forgotten that our paranoid brother Kol is running around with a white oak stake and homicide on the brain?"

"He tried to kill me last night. I didn't forget."

"Yes, well, unfortunately, he seems to have absconded with my set of daggers."

"Oh, poor Nik." Rebekah mocked, faking a pout. "However will you get your way without your precious daggers? They were so handy when you wanted to end a conversation with one of us."

"She got him there..." Thora muttered, earning the slightest of nods from Stefan.

"Kol's irrational fear of Silas has pushed him over the edge. We need to put him down before he does any damage. Now, I know you have the last dagger and I know you have some white ash, so hand it over."

"Please." Thora added, shooting daggers of her own at her husband. "Hand over the items, please."

"And leave myself unprotected? You can file that request under 'no chance in hell'. Now, be gone by the time I've showered — lurkers aren't welcome here."

Rebekah turned around and flashed a slight smile at Thora before disappearing into the bathroom, leaving the two remaining Mikaelsons alone with Stefan Salvatore. Taking a step forward, Klaus neared the younger vampire with a certain glint in his eye that only promised danger.

"I need that dagger, Stefan. Talk some sense into her, will you?"

"Why don't you talk some sense into her?" Stefan countered, earning an eye roll from Thora. "I'm headed home to play prison guard to Damon; he's been on lockdown ever since Kol compelled him to kill Jeremy last night."

"You see? That's my point exactly. If you let Kol run free, then Jeremy won't live to see his junior prom, and we can kiss our map to the cure goodbye. But if you help me dagger Kol, Damon will be uncompelled, Jeremy will live, and we'll all be on our merry way to a human Elena. "