Chapter 58

n// im a terrible author pass it on also this chapter is a little dry?? like the episode was too important to skip but it was a little light on the klaus content (aka the WORST bc that's my MAN) so im sorry about that!! anyways,, i think this story is getting ready to wrap up :') not right away but pretty soon. maybe 10 (?) chapters left i think. so now i pose you with this question: would anyone read a sequel?? please let me know! i hope y'all enjoy the chapter and i love you!!!!!
ps: THANK YOU FOR THE 2K FOLLOWERS!!!

"I'm sorry, did I just interrupt playtime?" Klaus asked, walking right up to Damon and Jeremy with Thora's hand in his own.

"What the hell are you doing here?" Jeremy asked, looking at the couple in shock.

"I'm simply just appreciating the sights and smells of nature. Neither of which presently include rotting vampire flesh, so I'm a bit concerned." Klaus replied, leading himself and Thora up to the duo. "How many vampires have you killed?"

This time, it was Damon's turn to speak, much to the Mikaelson's dismay.

"If we throw Jeremy out into the world right now, he's chum."

"With all due respect, Damon, that isn't a number." Thora sighed. "The more vampires Jeremy kills, the more of the map that shows up, and the quicker we find this damn cure so this all can be over. So, really, it'd be in everyone's best interest if Jeremy started hunting as soon as possible."

"You know what is a number, though, lads?" Klaus asked, looking even angrier than before, and directing most of it at Damon. "Twelve. That's how many of my hybrids I slaughtered with my sword. Three. That's how many days it took to quell the urge to kill your brother, after he knowingly watched as I walked into a death trap. And finally, one. That's the number of purposes you serve. You are here to grow Jeremy's mark, so, I'll ask again... How many vampires has he killed since he's been here?"

Thora would be lying if she said that her husband's behaviour didn't surprise her. Sure, he was being snippy, but that's how he usually was. What shocked her was that he wasn't using excessive force on either of the men before her.

"Zero." Damon whispered back, trying to be witty, but ultimately just failing miserably.

"Hmm. That's a pity." Klaus chuckled with a smile. "I'm going to need that cure sooner rather than later, hybrid shortage and all. How can I help?"

"You know, now that you mention it... Jeremy, watch and learn."

And with that, Damon loaded a gun and shot Klaus in the chest three times, earning a scream of terror from the woman holding his hand. Groaning, Klaus gritted his teeth and leaned up against a nearby tree, regaining his strength.

"That's for Carol Lockwood." Was all Damon said before leaving.

Thora, although in shock, lead her husband down onto the forest floor, resting his head in her lap as tears ran down her pretty, pink cheeks.

"I'll be alright, love," He rasped out, gasping a little bit. "No tears, eh?"

Thora almost laughed, "It's a little hard when you watch your husband get shot."

"I'm an Original, darling. It's going to take a lot more than Damon Salvatore to kill me."

"Yeah? Well, I'm going to kill him myself for this." Thora muttered, looking down into her husband's eyes. "I hate him, my angel. I hate him so, so much."

"I know, little storm, and soon you won't ever have to deal with him ever again."

"Promise?"

"Always and forever, Thora."