Chapter 34

n// so im on a roll rn but towards the end i just kinda gave up lmao forgive me pls i just an ap test i am gonna cry ((ps this is unedited so if there is any mistake yall know the drill just point it out and i'll fix that shit pronto))

"Niklaus!" Thora screamed again, gasping for breath and clawing at the sheets of her bed, looking around the room in a panic. She couldn't see straight, she couldn't breathe, her head was reeling, and she felt as if she was going to puke, but her top priority was her husband. "Niklaus!"

And within an instant, he was there, shining like the white knight he's always been to her. He was in just as bad of a shape as she was, messy hair, red eyes, ragged breathing patterns -- all the tell-tale signs that Klaus Mikaelson had been worried sick and on the verge of yet another nervous breakdown.

"Thora," He said in panic, rushing to her side and clutching the sides of her face, trying to get her to focus on him. "Thora, darling, what is it? I'm here now, love, what's wrong? Thora. Thora, please- You have to tell me what's wrong!"

"I-I remember!" She gasped sporadically, clawing at his arms. "Everything. I remember everything- I can't breathe. I can't breathe. Niklaus, why can't I breathe?!"

Hot tears began to flow from her eyes like waterfalls, her whole life flashing before her eyes on a never ending loop. From her first memories as a little girl, to her death, which was the most horrifying experience of her life. So, Klaus did the only thing he could think of, and the thing he did best. He kissed the mother fucking shit out of his wife. And once he heard the reassuring sounds of her heart rate slowing down, he pulled away, still holding her face in between his large hands.

"What-?" She asked, tears still falling from her precious grey eyes. "How- How'd you do that?

"I... read somewhere that holding your breath could stop a panic attack," He explained. "So... when I kissed you... You held your breath."

Thora nodded shakily, swallowing thickly as she attempted to stop the tears that were overflowing. The two remained silent for a bit, Klaus looking at her intensely whilst she stared at her lap just the same. Honestly, she didn't know how she felt. On one hand, she was ecstatic that she finally got her wish of getting all of her lost memories back. But on the other hand, she was more than shaken up over what she had experienced all together. Because not only did she get the memories that she cherished, she also got the ones that she had wanted to leave forgotten. The ones that plagued her in the night, creeping up on her in her sleep and making her petrified to close her eyes. Her life had not been a very happy one before meeting the Mikaelsons, and she never wanted to go back there. Reliving every single second of it wasn't what she had wanted in the slightest. So she comforted herself with the one thing she knew would work. The one thing that would slay all of her demons, and the one thing that would always protect her when she needed it most. Her angel, Niklaus Mikaelson.

In a sudden movement, she reached up and wrapped her arms around his neck, taking him by surprise, given what had happened mere moments earlier. She buried her head into his neck, holding onto him for dear life in fear of what was to come. Klaus was so shocked that it took him a moment to even respond to the display of affection. But nevertheless, he slowly raised his arms and wrapped them around her smaller frame, reminding them both of the first time she had done such a thing. It was right after she had fed for the first time, and showed him that she was to be trusted. Little did the two know at the time that they were to be a part of the greatest love story to ever exist.

"I've missed you, my angel," Thora whispered into his ear. "Thank you for saving me."

Klaus' breath hitched at her words, tears not managing to help themselves from slipping out of his eyes. He almost couldn't believe it, if he was being honest with himself. It had been such a long time coming that he'd grown used to her 'clean slate' in their relationship. But now that she was back, he was just relieved that she was still in love with him after seeing what he had done.