Chapter 24

n// sorry this is so short but big chapter coming up yo!! thank u for your support!!

"So the doppelganger isn't the problem," A newly awoken Rebekah Mikaelson said, sitting on the hood of someone's car. "Her blood is the solution."

"Seems so." Klaus responded absentmindedly, thinking back on his little storm for a moment.

"How did you know?"

"Well, you know how much the original witch hated me. Do you honestly think that I would do anything other than the opposite of what she says?"

"A thousand years in the grave and she's still screwing with you."

"Well, it makes sense if you think about it from her perspective. It was her failsafe in case I ever broke the hybrid curse. The doppelganger had to die in order for me to become a hybrid, but if she was dead-"

"Then you couldn't use her blood to sire yourself a new species." Rebekah finished.

"Leaving me alone for all time." Klaus finished somberly.

He still didn't know if Thora could turn back into a vampire or not, seeing as someone or something on the other side brought her back as a human. And as he knew better than anyone, humans' lives are the most fragile things in this world. Any little thing had the power to end it in an instant, and with her being his wife, a lot of people must want to do her harm. Even if they didn't, he would have what, fifty years? Sixty? Seventy? All of which would go by in the blink of an eye for him - but he didn't want that. That was his biggest fear. Losing her again to something as trivial as old age. He promised always and forever and that was what he wanted more than anything with the woman he loved. He wanted to be happy.

"Is that what this is about?" Rebekah asked sympathetically, reliving the day of her sister-in-law's tragic death. "Your obsession with hybrids. You just don't want to be alone?"

"What I want..." Klaus began, trying to conceal his inner feelings. "Is to take my girl, take my hybrid, and get the hell out of this one pony town... You know, why don't you, uh, why don't you get the truck? I'll get Elena."

Rebekah pursed her lips at her big brother and slid off of the hood of the car, going off to do her brother's bidding whilst thinking about her long dead sister. Sighing, Klaus soon formed a smirk, sensing the one and only Damon Salvatore behind him.

"Well, look who finally decided to show up to the party."

"Where is she?" Damon asked gruffly.

"Elena? Ah, she's making a donation to a greater cause." He spoke innocently as Damon stepped forward menacingly. "I'm afraid I can't let you interfere, mate."

"You'll have to kill me."

"Oh, I would love to kill you, but I made a pledge to your brother, and unlike him, I keep my word." Klaus said, getting in the older brother's way. "Although, you know what? Thinking about it now, he probably doesn't care all that much anymore."

"Don't you want to know about your friend Mikael?" Damon asked as Klaus pinned him to the hood of the car.

"What do you know about Mikael?" Klaus asked, now terrified.

"Just that he knows you're here." Damon sing-songed.

"You're bluffing."

"Katherine and I found him. Consider it one half of our leverage."

Slamming him into another car, Klaus stomped over to him and placed a heavy foot on his chest.

"And the other half?" He growled.

"Well, let's just say, I hope that a certain favorite little storm of ours can swim," Damon smiled cynically. "That is, if she doesn't bleed out from the nasty little bite mark I left on that pretty little neck of hers. Could barely walk, the poor thing. Oh, well-"

"Where is she?!" Klaus roared, yellow eyes flashing. "Tell me where she is, or I kill everyone in this town, including Elena and your precious little ripper!"

Damon's eyes widened at his threat, now realizing that kidnapping the hybrid's wife and throwing her into a god damn well was probably not the best idea in the world.

"I wouldn't use that tone with me, you mutt," Damon said weakly, trying not to sound like he was shitting himself. "I'm the only one who knows where she is, remember- ah!"

Damon was cut off by Klaus shoving his hand through his chest, grabbing him by the heart.

"I swear to god, Damon, if you don't tell me where my fucking wife is, I will rip out your heart and feed it to Elena, then put her through something worse than you could ever imagine." He threatened darkly. "You think I'm bluffing? I have all the blood I need. I can build an entire army of hybrids this instant if I wanted to. I will burn this entire town to the ground just to watch it burn. Now, before I do that, Salvatore, tell me where the hell my wife is, or I'll start right-"

"She's at the bottom of the well. The one in the forest," Damon gasped out, feeling the grip on his heart tighten. "A few miles out from the clearing-"

"You will pay for this later, Salvatore," Klaus growled. "You will regret ever being born, and you will be begging for death by the time I am done with you."

And with that, Klaus ripped out his hand from his chest cavity and sped off, leaving Damon alone in the hospital parking lot, breathing heavily.