Chapter 36

n// first one who finds the shakespeare quote gets a dedication lmao also sorry for any typos this is severely unedited :)

As Thora rolled her grey eyes at a joke some yuppie man made about being married for too long, she chuckled a bit, smirking at her husband.

"I'd say that he didn't know the half of it," She teased with a playful grin. "We know that ball and chain better than anyone in this facility."

"Oh, on the contrary, love," Klaus smirked back, placing his hands on her waist. "Hundreds of years and I have never thought of you as such."

"I'm sorry I can't say the same for you, though."

Klaus laughed as she faked a pout, tickling her sides, making her laugh as well. They didn't care about the onlookers, or the fancy drinks, or the sting quartet that played their music, or even the fact that they were united as a family again. All they cared about was having fun. Something that their lives had desperately seemed to lack as of late.

"You know I love you, you sod," She grinned, kissing him on the lips happily. "I'm pretty sure we profess it at least four times a day!"

"Then let's make it five," He teased, kissing her again. "I love you."

"I love you too."

"Uh, if everyone could gather please," Elijah spoke loudly, interrupting their moment, letting them know that it was time to make themselves present on the lavish staircase. "Welcome, thank you for joining us. You know, whenever my mother brings our family together like this, it's tradition for us to commence the evening with a dance. Tonight's pick is a  centuries-old waltz. So if all of you could please find yourselves a partner, please join us in the ballroom."

Klaus wrapped his arm around Thora's waist and began their voyage to the ballroom, keeping up appearances when all they wanted to do was take a nap and eat some junk food. She watched in fascination as people partnered up, finding their ways to be different and exotic. The times really had changed from when she was alive, hadn't they? But nevertheless, she found herself loving it.

"I must warn you, Niklaus," She said as they made their way onto the dance floor. "I haven't danced in a very long time, and I wasn't exactly alive when these dances were made to be popular."

"Don't worry about it, love," He smiled. "You were never that good of a dancer anyways."

Thora scoffed at his words, knowing good and well that they were true. All throughout the times of which they were forced to go to fancy balls with royals in extravagant castles and whatnot, her dancing was always a bit frowned upon.

"In my defense, I danced for fun, not the entertainment of others."

"Oh, Thora," Klaus said, shaking his head. "Believe me, that was the entertainment."

The couple laughed as the music began, a song that she recognized as "Give Me Love" by Ed Sheeran beginning to make its way into her ears.

"I like this song," She commented as she and Klaus walked hand in hand down he line. "I reckon it's one of my favorites, actually."

"I chose it because it reminded me of you, my little storm." He replied bashfully.

"Well, thank you," She smiled, breaking the rules of the dance a bit by leaning over and pecking him on the cheek. "But it reminds me of you, too."

"Hmm?"

"All you need is love."

"No, Thora, that's the Beatles."

Thora scoffed as he chuckled, continuing to dance amongst the other people in the room.

"I know that, silly," She rolled her eyes. "What I mean is that all you need in this world is someone to love you, and that understands you. And I'm happy that I have the privilege of being that person."