Chapter 27

n// holy crAP did yall see the tvd and the to crossover?? it was LIT. and in honor of the occasion i give yall a pretty boring chapter yay!!!

"Come on, love, you have to eat something," Klaus sighed, watching as Thora stared blankly at the plate in front of her, not even moving. "The doctors told me that if I took you home early, like I did, I would have to keep you healthy. Not eating isn't healthy, Thora, and that's all I want for you. That and your happiness, my love."

But Thora said nothing, just continued to stare into the empty space surrounding her and Klaus in their hotel room. Sighing, Klaus picked up his jacket and put it on, looking down on her again afterwards.

"I'm going out for a little bit for some fresh air. Would you like to come?"

Silence.

"Alright, then. I'll be back in no time, I promise. Call me if there's anything wrong, okay?"

More silence.

"Whilst I'm gone, Thora, please make an effort to eat something. I don't care what it is, just get something into your system."

Once again, silence.

"I love you."

But this time, Klaus didn't give the silence time to set in before he planted a kiss on top of her forehead and left the room, zooming himself into one of the many forests of Oregon to maybe ease the wars in his mind. The moments that he was living right then should have been perfect. He should have been travelling the world with his hybrid army, his doppelganger, and most importantly, his wife, having the time of their lives without any worries. He and Thora were supposed to be King and Queen of, well, everything by now -- like he promised what felt like ages ago. Their love was supposed to conquer all, just like it used to.

But instead, the doppelganger and her little boyfriends were dangling the one thing that could even strike the slightest bit of fear into him, his father, right in his face, driving him to flee the town he wished to rule. Thora hadn't any clue of who she was or what had happened to her over the centuries that passed before her death. Hell, she barely even knew what was going on half of the time! And now she was in some horrible state of depression from the recent news that the "Save Elena Squad" had been lying to her all this time and that she and the man she loved massacred her whole village, including her family. All she really knew was that she loved Klaus, but she didn't know why.

Hearing his phone ring, he quickly pulled it out and checked to see if it was his wife calling. But to his shock and surprise, it was his favorite compelled vampire with hero hair.

"Portland is fantastic once you can get over all the whiny music and healthy-looking people." Klaus said in greeting. "It's literally a breeding ground for werewolves."

"Your father's dead." Hero-hair said in response, making Klaus freeze.

"What did you say to me?"

"Oh, my mistake. Not your actual father, and not dead. Mikael. Daggered." Stefan continued nonchalantly in his ripper attitude, not feeling anything but boredom and hunger. "What do you want me to do with the body?"

"Well first, I want you to explain to me exactly what happened." Klaus demanded, feeling anxious. 

And after a brief explanation that Stefan and the rest of the gang had conjured up with the help of the Original Vampire Hunter himself, Klaus grew even more riled up.

"I want to see him." He demanded, pacing back and forth. "I want to see his rotting body for myself."

"Well he's here." Stefan said, standing up and looking at the desiccated man. "Come by whenever."

"If you're lying to me, Stefan,your compulsion will expose you, so answer with your life. Is what you're saying the truth?"

"It's true," Stefan said confidently, thinking back on how Elena stabbed Mikael right through the heart. "I saw it with my own eyes."

"I want to talk to Rebekah."

"That's not a problem, she's right here."

Passing the phone to Rebekah, Klaus waited impatiently for a reply.

"Hello, Nik." She greeted softly, looking down at her father's body.

"Rebekah, love, what's this I hear about Mikael's tragic run-in with a dagger?"

"It's true. He's finally out of our lives for good."

He closed his eyes at her words, finally feeling relief course through his veins.

"I miss you. I'm miserable here." She continued, making her brother smile a bit.

No matter what, Rebekah always had been, and always would be, his favorite sibling.

"I'll be home soon." He told her softly.

"Good. I'll see you then, brother."

"Oh, and one more thing? Pass the phone to Damon, please."

"How did you-"

"Come on, Bekah, it's Mystic Falls. Wherever one Salvatore brother is, the other is always in tow." He said wickedly. "Pass him the phone, love."

Sighing, Rebekah handed the phone to Damon, who was desperately trying to hide his fear.

"Hello, Klaus. Good to hear from you, buddy! Hasn't really been much excitement over here since the cops showed up on my doorstep, taking me into custody for a crime I didn't commit!"

Klaus smirked, thinking back on just a few days ago when he had framed Damon for the car-jacking that he did.

"I don't know, Damon, I heard the boy's argument was very compelling." He said. "I guess that's what you get for feeding off of my damn wife and throwing her into a well!"

Upon hearing this, all the vampires and Elena stared at Damon in shock, even Stefan.

"I did what I had to do." Damon replied, ignoring everyone's reactions. "How's she holding up, by the way? Aside from the health, that is. I mean, how does she feel, knowing that she and her lover boy murdered her entire village?"

"Mark my words, Damon," Klaus growled, not playing around anymore. "You will pay for what you did to her, and I will enjoy every single ounce of torture I inflict upon you. By the time I'm done -- if I'm done -- you will be at my mercy, begging for death. I will make you suffer things that you couldn't even fathom, Damon Salvatore, and trust me. This time I shall not be as forgiving."

And with one last smirk he hung up the phone, putting it back in his pocket, racing back to the hotel room in which he and Thora were sharing. Opening the door with a grin on his face, he was about to tell her that they were to go back to Mystic Falls, but he stopped upon seeing her sleeping figure, slumped lazily across one of the twin mattresses in the room with a half eaten plate of food beside her on the nightstand. Chuckling to himself, he quietly and quickly packed their things up and loaded them in the car, coming back for Thora and wrapping her in a blanket, buckling her in as well. After getting himself situated, he looked over at her and smiled a little before turning the key in the ignition.

"We're going home, my love," He smiled. "All will be well this time, I promise."