*03; The Night of the Comet

[Edited]

Lilly

Today has been one of the most boring days of my long life, I woke up got changed before leaving the house and going to the grill, I couldn't stay in my room since it was still getting renovated and I wasn't going to be with dumb and dumber, so I decided this was the next best place.

I knew I had to be careful since I couldn't risk having to leave town, I was here on business and I needed to stay here until it was done, then I think I might head back to New York, it was fun there, there was plenty of stuff to do.

It wasn't like there wasn't anybody here for me to take for my liking since everyone in this small town was out to watch the Comet, but with the council still patrolling the town, I couldn't risk it.

So I spent the full day in the bar, but as it got close to the comet passing I made my way outside with a bottle of whiskey in my hand.

As I walked around I spotted Stefan talking to Elena with a candle in their hands, and being curious I decided to stick to the shadows so I could get away with listening in on their conversation.

"Yesterday that wasn't about you, okay" He reassured her, well tried. I knew that everything we said yesterday was going to be playing in her mind over and over again.

"You never said you had a brother or a sister" Elena spoke looking at him before looking back up at the comet.

"We're not close. It's complicated" Stef answered vaguely. "Always.... They told me about your ex. Katherine" Elena told him.

Stefan stared blankly at nothing for a couple of seconds before snapping out of it. "What did they say?" He asked her.

"That she broke your heart" Elena told him with sympathy. "That was a long time ago" Stef told her shaking his head.

"When you lose someone, it stays with you. Always reminding you how easy it is to get hurt" Elena told him not bothering to look at him.

"Elena..." Stef stood in front of her opening his mouth before closing it again, but he had nothing to say.

"It's okay Stefan. I get it, you have no idea how much I get it... Complicated sibling? Check. Complicated ex? Check. Too complicated to even contemplate dating? Double check. It's okay. We met, we talked and it was epic but, then the sun came up and reality set in" Elena told him before blowing out her candle and walking off.

Once she left I rushed over to stand behind Steffie. "Well it looks like you and Damon won't be re-living 1864 all over again"

"Not now Lilly" He snapped as he span around squinting his eyes at me. "Wow, don't get your panties in a twist. What happened to the sibling love?" I feigned been hurt by his comment by placing my hand over my heart.

"I tried to make it up to you, but just like Damon, you decided to make my life a living hell" I rolled my eyes as I crossed my arms over my chest.

"A sorry doesn't make everything better, brother. You pushed me away, just like the rest of the family because I apparently brought nothing but shame to the Salvatore name. What about 1858? Do you remember that?!" I snapped taking a step towards him.

"I've apologized for that" He gritted out making me chuckle. "Have I not just said a poxy sorry doesn't make everything better? You stood there and watched as Lillian and Giuseppe took a part of me away, while calling me disgrace!"

We were both stood glaring at eachother, neither of us backing down, well that was until Matt came running over to us.

"Hey, have you seen my sister?" I took my eyes off Steffie to look over at Elena's ex. "No, sorry"