51; Goodbye Original Witch

LILLY

"Come in mum" Phoebe called after I knocked on her door.

As I walked in I looked around the room, noticing it didn't hold much, just a bed, and a dressing table. It had two doors joined to the bedroom, which I'm guessing leads to the en suite and a walk in wardrobe.

"You know, if you don't like what's in here, you can change it to your tastes. It's your room now" I told her as I walked over to her bed that she was sat on. "I like it. But I don't want to intrude" She chuckled, shyly.

"You're not intruding love. Every house I design, I make a room for you, even though I didn't think I'd ever get a second chance. I'd be happy for you to stay here. But if you want to leave and never look back then I wouldn't blame you" I told her as I looked at the floor.

"I don't want to leave" She told me, making me sigh.

"Before you make a decision. You need to know Phoebe that I'm probably not what you hoped I would be like. I'm a vampire. I kill people and I don't care. I've ruined so many other people's lives by killing their loved ones. Katherine was right, I'm every definition of a monster... And I'm sorry you have me as a mother. It's one of the reasons I never came looking for you... I didn't want to disappoint you" I told her as I stared at the floor.

"You haven't disappointed me mum. Your my mother, and no matter what I will always love you. You brought me into this world, even when you were going through so much yourself. And you're not a monster, everything you did, you did to survive" She spoke trying to grab my hands, but I pulled away and quickly stood up moving away from her.

As I looked at her, I noticed the hurt in her eyes, making me feel even worse.

"I didn't kill them just to survive Phoebe. I relished in my victims blood... Me and Kol always went out a few towns over from where we were living and killed them all. Leaving one family to tell the tale of when the town was slaughtered... I enjoyed it Phoebe. I enjoyed watching as my victims life was sucked from them, listening to them beg for their life. I enjoyed their screams for help. Do you not see Phoebe? I am a monster. And you don't deserve a monster as a mother" I told her with tears in my eyes.

"I know what you're doing. You're trying to push me away so I don't get hurt... You're scared in case you turn me into a monster. Mum, I'm already one. I killed people if they didn't give me any information about you. I killed others if I was angry, sad. Anything. I killed them" She told me.

"You're far from a monster Phoebe. You're my daughter. A sweet young woman, who did anything to find her mother. You're brave, you're strong. You remind me so much of myself" I whispered as I grabbed her hand.

"I don't want to leave now mum. I've only just found you" She whispered, and once I saw the tears in her eyes, I pulled her into a hug.

"I didn't tell you those things to make you leave Phoebe. I told them you, so you know who your mother really is" I whispered as I ran my hand through her hair, trying to comfort her.

Before she could say anything I felt a big gush of magic coming from in the house, making me quickly pull away. "Did you feel that" Phoebe asked looking at me confused.

"Yeah. Let me go check on it" I whispered, giving her a kiss on her forehead before speeding downstairs.

As I followed the magic I could feel, I noticed it lead me down in the basement. I looked around, to see where it was coming from, only to see the other casket, which had a lot of magic radiating off of it.

I knew who was in it, and as I walked over to the casket, placing my hands on top of it. I could tell she was trying to free herself.

Not gonna happen!