61; I Can Do This

NIK

Finding out that Lillys pregnant was a shock. We're vampires, we shouldn't be able to reproduce, but thanks to a loop hole, my beautiful wife is now carrying my child, and I can't wait till he or she is here.

I hope that we're having a girl, and looks just like her mother, she'd be a heartbreaker for sure. And I'll have my hands full, but it'll all be worth it, that I'm sure.

I have my fears, what if I'm not a good father? What if I turn out like Mikael? What if my enemies come? What if my child doesn't love me?

Lilly's tried to make me see that I'm already a good father, to Phoebe, but that's different. Phoebe's grown up, it's easier.

I've never even held a baby, apart from when Rebekah and Henrik was born, and I only held them a couple of times.

It scares me.

I snorted at my own thought, everyone would have a field day if they heard that, me, Niklaus Mikaelson, was scared of his own child.

I've never feared anything, apart from Mikael, since he had the one thing that could kill us, but now he's gone, along with the white oak stake. So there shouldn't be anything I fear. But I do and that's my own child.

People see me as someone to fear, and I like it that way, in fact I love it. Seeing the fear in others eyes as they realize who I am. But, I have a soft side that the ones I love get to see.

Lilly knows me more than anyone else, she says I'm an open book to her, but it's the same way for me. She thinks that she can close herself off, and she can to everyone else, but I see every emotion through those deep, brown, mesmerizing eyes.

Lilly is everything to me, I'd do anything for her, for example – letting her two idiotic brothers live, even though they tried to kill me, and try and take my family from me.

I love her.

I looked at the time on my phone and realized we should be getting up now, to get ready to view the house, now that's it's built, then we can get it decorated to however she wishes.

I still don't know what the house looks like, she hasn't told me, and I know she wants it to be a surprise, so I decided to not ask my hybrids.

Like I said, I'd do anything for her.

I rolled on to my side, looking at Lilly, who was still asleep with a smile on her face. I pushed the strand of hair off of her face and behind her ear. "Lilly" I whispered, making her stir, but she still didn't wake up.

I chuckled to myself, that woman can sleep like a bloody elephant. "Lilly" I mumbled as I pressed my lips against hers quickly.

"Ugh! What?" She mumbled, keeping her eyes closed. "Come on. Time to go see the house, and get it decorated" I whispered, making her open her tired eyes, smiling at me, with a look in her eyes.

She misses Phoebe.

"Don't worry, love. We'll be home soon, it'll be finished by the end of the week, I promise" I told her making her nod her head.

"Okay" She mumbled snuggling into her pillow.

She's shattered.

"I'll tell you what, get changed. We'll go check on the house, and you can tell them how you want it decorated, and we'll come back and snuggle all day and watch really sappy movies... How does that sound?" I asked her, making her nod her head.

"Perfect" She smiled before pulling my head towards hers, pressing her lips against mine.

Once we pulled away, I picked her up, carrying her into the bathroom, so we could share a shower.