48; Life Stories

LILLY

As we walked into the mansion, Kol was walking back up from the basement. "She's down there" Kol smirked at me.

I rolled my eyes as I followed Nik and Phoebe into the living room where Elijah, Finn and Bekah was waiting for us.

Nik pulled me down as he sat down, pulling me next to him, with Phoebe next to me. Once Kol joined us I looked over at Phoebe and grabbed her hand. "What happened when you woke up?" I asked her.

"Katherine gave me a woman to feed off of, I tried to stop myself, but I couldn't. But halfway through I stopped. I couldn't kill her" She started as she stared blankly at the floor. "Katherine couldn't believe that I stopped myself, before she laughed at me calling me a silly little girl. She told me that I had no chance of getting anywhere near you and that I was better off without you. Then she left me, taking the human with her"

Nik grabbed my hand rubbing his thumb against it. Knowing I wanted nothing more than to go and kill Katherine now. "I went back to the Lapson's home, to get my belongings. Mainly the necklace and the letter, before I left town... For the first couple of months I tried to find out as much about you as I could

"I came to terms with what I am. If it was the only way to meet you, I would live with it. Five months later I made my first kill" She stared at the wall.

"I was on my own and so scared. I didn't know what was happening. My bones started to break as I slowly shifted into a werewolf. I woke up a day later, confused and naked. I found out that I was a hybrid, because my father carried the werewolf gene"

I gripped her hand tighter. "After that I put all my time into finding anything on you and my father. I found out that you're my mother and that George Lockwood was my father. I found out that you were a vampire but that my father was dead"

Phoebe looked into my eyes, and all I could see was hurt, and it hurt me to know that she's being hurting all this time.

I should have gone back for her.

"In 1878 I found out that you were living in New Orleans, so I went to look for you" She laughed shaking her head, before looking back at me. "Everyone was talking about their Queen; Lilly Marie Mikaelson. I obviously didn't pay any attention to it because I knew you as a Salvatore. I thought that it was a coincidence that you both had the same name"

She looked down at her hands. "It wasn't until I saw you walking down the street with Klaus" She started before looking at me and Nik. "You both looked so happy and I didn't want to ruin that, so I left before you knew I was there"

"Why would you coming to me ruin my happiness?" I asked her softly.

"From the moment I found out that you were alive, I always believed that you were out there somewhere searching for me. So when I saw you in New Orleans it made me realize that you wasn't. You were just living your life not thinking about me. I thought you didn't want me, and that's the reason why you gave me away. So I left leaving New Orleans and you behind"

I know she didn't mean it nasty but it hurt to hear that she wanted to leave me behind her. Tears fell down my cheeks and I had a horrible lump in my throat. Nik pulled me so my head was on his chest.

"Believe me when I say this Phoebe, but all your mother wanted was for you to be with us, but she thought that she should leave you to live your human life. She always threw a ball for your birthday, even if you wasn't there to celebrate it with us, it made her feel like you were there with her" Nik told her.

I wiped my eyes before I looked back at Phoebe. "I wanted to come and get you so much, I really did. But I didn't want to drag you into this. I wanted you to live your life. Fall in love. Get married. Have children, grandchildren. I wanted you to have a normal human life" I explained to her.