53; Surprise

LILLY

I walked tiredly into the living room where everyone was. Bekah was teaching Finn about the 21st century. Kol was sprawled out on one of the sofas with a bloodbag, complaining about being bored. Elijah was writing out invitations for the ball to be handed out tomorrow. A little short notice if you ask me.

Phoebe was sat messing about on her phone, in her own little world and Nik was sat on one of the couches, drawing.

They was all a bunch of happy people. Note the sarcasm.

"Well aren't you all a happy bunch" I smirked as I walked in with a glass of blood in my hand. "Ah, finally! I'm bored Lilly. I need some entertainment" Kol groaned as he sat up smirking at me.

"Don't look at me. I'm doing nothing all day" I grumbled as I plonked myself down next to Nik with my head resting on his shoulder.

I looked at what he was drawing and noticed it was me asleep, and by the looks of it, it was from this morning.

He never seems to get tired of drawing me, he must have thousands of me from over the years.

"What about you, Phoebe. Do you fancy joining me?" Kol asked her, with his eyebrows raised. "No. I've heard stories of what you do when you're bored, and I don't fancy having the town hunting me down" Phoebe laughed at him shaking her head.

"Smart girl" Nik smile at her. "Well, your mother enjoyed it aswel" Kol retorted making me glare at him.

"She knows all about it Kol. Who do you think told her these stories" I raised my eyebrow. "I should have known" He mumbled shaking his head.

"There's nothing to do in this small town. I need excitement" Kol groaned flopping back down.

I rolled my eyes before I looked over to Elijah. "Don't you think you should send the invitations out today, since the balls tomorrow?"

"She's right, Elijah. People need time to shop" Bekah joined in. "I'll help you hand them out if you want Elijah" Phoebe smiled at him.

"Thank you, Phoebe. That's really kind of you" Elijah smiled at her before looking at the rest of us. "We shall see you later" Elijah smiled at us before he and Phoebe grabbed their jackets and shoes.

Phoebe walked over to me and kissed my cheek. "See you soon mum" She smiled before she followed Elijah out of the house.

As soon as she was gone I felt myself relax even more. For some reason I couldn't be myself in front of her. I felt like I needed to be the perfect mother, but the truth is, it's hard.

I've never been a mother, and now I have to be.

Don't get me wrong I'm over joyed that she's in my life, but it's hard to adjust.

"So, tell us Lilly. How does it feel to have your daughter back" Finn asked, smiling at me. "It's good" I smiled shrugging my shoulders.

"Just good?" Bekah asked confused. "Well, I'm happy that she's alive and in my life" I told her.

"What's wrong love? I thought you'd be jumping about now that she's here" Nik questioned putting his sketch book down looking at me.

I sighed. "I am happy that she's here. I love her, she's my daughter. But I can't be myself around her. I feel as though that she would be disappointed if I was" I shrugged, looking down at my hands.

"Lilly, she's your daughter. She loves you no matter what" Bekah sighed shaking her head. "I know it's just hard. I just need to get used to being a mother now" I smiled at her.