*16; Horrible Day

[Edited]

Lilly

Yesterday Katherine turned up at the boarding house for no reason at all, well she claimed the reason was for Stefan but I call bullshit, but we did get a bit of information out of her before she decided to escape the chains Stefan got her into after vervaining her, turns out the bitch had been sipping vervain for the last 145 years meaning it didn't affect her, she just faked the whole weak thing to spend time with Stefan.

She told him that the Lockwood's carry the werewolf gene, like George Lockwood did, but they're not all wolves, and there are more families with the gene but not as many since they're basically extinct thanks to other vampires hunting them down, which we already knew.

She basically spent the day re-living 1864 with Stefan going on about the founders ball, she told him how she spoke to George Lockwood telling him that she knew what he was, turns out he had been using the vamps to cover his tracks, but he was willing to strike a deal with Katherine to rid the town of vampires, and to help her fake her death, which basically went tits up when my idiotic brothers went to try and save her, getting the 3 of us shot along the way.

So while the 3 of us was lying on the floor dead, she was escaping to save her own life, we basically died for nothing, but I'm not complaining the pros way out the cons of being a vampire. I'll always look young, I'm away from Giuseppe, I'm stronger, I'm free, I'll see the world changing. The only downsides really are that I no longer have my magic, I have to live with the memories of my childhood forever and been alone.

George was only willing to help fake Katherines death for a price which we never found out what it was, but I'm positive we'll find out soon, Katherine likes to play games, it's her thing.

"Lilly, are you ready?" Damon called through my bedroom door bringing me out of my thoughts. "No, I'll meet you there" I spoke as I walked into the bathroom getting a quick shower before getting ready for the Historical Society Volunteer Picnic that my brothers had so kindly asked me to go to.

Who am I kidding? I basically had no choice, not with werewolves lurking around town, plus with the mess Damon got himself into yesterday with Mason Lockwood, trying to kill him with a silver knife, I needed to make sure he didn't get into anymore.

Once I deemed myself ready to walk out into the public, I rushed off to where the new public park would be to meet up with my brothers, but as I arrived I spotted Mason who was unloading his truck

I smirked knowing this would be the best chance I got to give him a warning to not try anything, I didn't particularly want to be bitten by a vengeful werewolf when the next full moon rises, plus I needed to make sure he'd keep our secret, if not I'd have to kill him.

"It's Lilly Marie, right? One of the other Salvatore's" Mason asked as I walked over to stand at the side of his truck. "That would be me... Look, I want to offer you an apology for what my idiotic brother did yesterday" I tried but he shook his head. "I'm not interested"