Chapter 11

Sorry to disappoint you, but our little date is already planned. Thanks to your girlfriend, I know that you're free on Friday. Don't worry about it, okay? But you have to learn to overcome your fear of social interaction. I'll help you!

Wow, so now he thinks I have a phobia or something? How did he even know, I mean, Claire... she wouldn't...would she? What is he even referring to with "date"? This won't be a date! He's just trying to be nice, right? That has to be it. But what am I supposed to answer? Something like, thank you? Probably not, since I didn't ask for help in the first place. What help,though? I don't need help, not from him that is! I only need Claire!

Okay, I'll see you tomorrow.

Much harsh! I already feel bad for trying to ditch him, but all these messages are making my guilt worse! What am I saying, he doesn't know me, so he won't be hurt, maybe that's just the way I text... or something like that. I check the time, only to jolt up in disbelieve. It's already 7 pm and I haven't even started doing my homework, much less study in any way! Also, dinner will be ready in a bit, like Alex said before. There's no helping it, I have to get up now and hurry up.

Done! Done with dinner and done with my homework! It wasn't even that much and the stuff we're doing right now is pretty easy, too. Since I have a tutor that comes to help me once a week (on Tuesdays) I'm having a much easier time in class. Wait, what day is it today, since I had tutoring yesterday, that means... tomorrow is Thursday! And than... Friday! This is happening way to fast if you're asking me, he should have waited fo rlike a week before asking me out. No no no no no, what am I saying? He's not asking me out, he's just... Shit, why can't I think of anything else, this is so sickening! Maybe I should just go to bed and sleep, I'm tired anyway.

I decide to say goodnight to my parents, sitting downstairs on the couch watching a sitcom or something like that. "Hey, I just wanted to say goodnight, since I feel kinda exhausted.", they both exchange glances, no idea what they're supposed to mean. "Son, I don't know if Alex said anything, but you seem weird today, you barely talk, it's like you're deep in thoughts all the time. I'm not saying this to be nosy.", my mom pulls up her eyebrows at my fathers statement, eying him closely as he continues, "but could it be that there is something on your mind? Or someone? You haven't really smiled all day long, even when we talked." Well there wasn't really something to smile in that conversation. "Dad, thanks for being worried, but there is nothing on my mind, except for Claire and her new boyfriend, I'm just a little worried about them not matching each other, that's all.", I decide to stick with this since it came in handy before."Oh okay, I guess that could be it, well, you have a goodnight sleep and hopefully you'll stop thinking about it too much.", my mother smiles at me, rubbing my shoulder before pulling me into a hug. "Why can't you just stay that way and never get older?", what's with that all of the sudden. "Yeah, sure.", I grin before getting up and leaving the two alone in the living room.

I'm not sure if I should say goodnight to Alex, I mean, she was pretty weird earlier. Maybe I should just call it a day. I don't even feel like brushing my teeth, it'll be fine.

Once again, the vibration around my wrist wakes me up. I have to say I'm really not that much of a morning person, I'd rather have school in the afternoon, but then again, my whole day would be wasted. I slowly push the blanket off of my body, letting the warm and cozy feeling escape. But there is no helping it, if I want my mom to drive me to school, I have to get up earlier than I should. I just hope they didn't leave again.

Sighing I make my way through my now clean room, opening the window and looking outside. I guess, it'll be a hot day today, it's already pretty damn warm. The grass is still pretty dry and burned from the sun, no one ever remembers to water it, maybe I should do it after school?

I leave the window open to let the fresh air take over the stench and slowly drag myself to the bathroom. Luckily, my sister isn't up yet, so I don't have to wait to get ready.

Entering my room after brushing teeth and checking the bump, which isn't even there anymore, I grab my phone from the mattress turning it on. I wonder what I should wear today, it feels like there is nothing nice, even though I have more clothes than my sister. My watch vibrates as I pull out a pair of short black pants and a white shirt.

Hey baby bro, sorry about yesterday, I was just kinda upset you wouldn't tell me, but I mean,that's a good sign right? I hope you're not mad at me for setting up your meeting with you know who, but I think it's about time you make some new friends, don't you agree? Anyway, I'll see youtomorrow since I won't be coming to class today (I'm sick). You'll manage, I told Dillon to take care of you for me, so it'll be just fine. Love you much

You got to be kidding me, she's sick?! I can't even remember the last time she wasn't at school because of illness, how could she be now, of all times? And she asked Dillon to taker care of me? What am I? Three? I don't need a babysitter! But what if these weird seniors pick on me again? She won't be there and I don't think Dillon will stand up for me against those guys.

I'm so screwed!

Well, maybe I could just skip class but what will Nathan think about that? He'd probably think I'm a coward and too afraid to face him after yesterday. I can't possibly do that! I need to man up a little! (Fuck, I'm so scared!)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~+

Heii you guys I have a little question, do you prefer the chapters being called ... like just chapter (insert number) or do you want names? Like little titles for every chapter? Also are you okay with the lenght of them? I always try to do 800 - 1500. If you want longer chapters, you'll have to wait longer for updates though, so it's up to you. Please wirte your opinion in the comments, I'll be happy to adjust my story to how you like it