Chapter 47

That day I nearly cried my eyeballs out, but it felt good and I did calm down rather quickly. I leaned a little out of his embrace, to look at his face, earning a broad smile, which I happily returned. "How do you feel?", he removed a few tears with his thumb, like he did before. "Better, but tired.", I said, yawning as on command. "I bet you are. You can take a nap if you want to.", he offered, his hand still on my cheek, cupping it slightly.

"No it's fine.", smiling, I scratch the back of my head, taking in Nathans appearance. I know that I should stop doubting myself, but I guess it takes some time to completely get rid of it, at least I hope so. "This simply screams for a kiss, don't you agree?", without waiting for my answer, he closes the space between us, sealing our lips with pure gentility. He broke it a few times, looking at me with an expression I couldn't exactly interpret, like he was checking if I'm fine. I closed my eyes, leaning into the kiss, as his tongue slid over my lower lip, just like the first time.

Even though, I did know what I was supposed to do, I was still afraid of doing it wrong. I tried to push that stupid thought aside, opening my mouth a tiny crack, enough for our tongues to touch. Breathing through my nose was the only option for oxygen intake into my body, not much though, since I couldn't concentrate on both things at the same time.

He gently pushed me down on the mattress, one hand rested next to my head, the other on my chest, applying little pressure. I started to ease more into it, moving my tongue with his. After a few more seconds he broke the kiss, looking down at me as he was hoovering above me. "I could kiss you all day long.", he grinned at my breathless self, as I tried to catch up on the lack of oxygen. My heart was beating painfully fast, throbbing inside my chest like a raging bull in a cage.

Without saying anything in response, I leaned up to him, sealing our lips once more. He followed, as I laid my head back on the blanket, letting him take over the kiss, like he always does. The hand on my chest trailed over to my neck, stroking it slightly, while adjusting my head with his thumb. I felt myself getting excited over the kiss we broke a few times just to continue again. And I guess so did he, because soon after he stopped, extending his arms, so he was further of the mattress than before.

"You should get some rest.", Nathan sat down on my stomach, grinning at me like he just won a teddy bear or something. But I guess I was looking at him the exact same way. "Maybe you're right, but I want you to nap with me.", I demanded, my voice feeling rough inside my throat. With one last peck on my lips, he rolled off of me, laying down and pulling me closer to him, so my back was against his warm chest. I could feel his heart beating and to my surprise, it was in sync with mine, which would make up for a super cheesy line, but instead I slowly drifted of into a deep and comforting sleep, right in his arms.

I woke up to somebody moving behind me, opening my eyes and turning over to face Nathan who flashed a smile at me. "Well, good morning.", he joked, sitting up straight and running a hand through his silky hair. "It's been a while since I last slept this good.", I admitted, stretching my arms over my head and yawning. "That's good, cause I did too.", he placed a kiss on my forehead, soon after, he left the bed to go over to the desk where his phone was. Looking at it, while scratching the back of his head.

He turned back to me, gesturing to his wrist, like he was asking for the time. I looked down, seeing a few messages displayed on the small screen. I furrow my eyebrows as I go through them.

Claire

Claire

Claire and so on

Hey, sorry I didn't say goodbye, but I wanted to check out the new ice cream shop with Dillon and we wanted to hurry up before the whole school would be there