Chapter 22

I didn't do much the rest of day. More like sitting on my bed and giving me headache over my actions and Nathans reaction to it. Everything felt wrong, but on the other side... there was this warm feeling which made it seem right again. I'm so confused, never have I ever thought about so many things all at once.

My stomach started to speak for itself, which is acceptable considering the time and the tiny amount of food I have consumed today. I check my phone one last time, before heading downstairs, seeing both of my parents cooking together.

Their heads turn towards me as soon as I enter the kitchen, tired faces smiling at and greeting me. "How was your day, baby?", my mother places a light kiss on my forehead, rubbing over it afterward. "It was... interesting. How about you?" She gives me a thumbs up and grimaced, laughing at how silly she was looking. "I got all the blueprints done!" I congratulate her with a tight hug, turning to see my dad, leaning against the counter, eyes closed for a split second, giving me a tired nod.

"You guys seem pretty exhausted, can I help you with something?" My worried expression, makes them sigh slightly, enough to make me notice it though. "It's fine, we're already done, but could you set the table and get your annoying sister? What's up with her anyway, she was pacing around the house for almost the whole day." Was she that excited about Nathan and me?

Without another word, I leave the kitchen to set the table for dinner, calling up the stairs to get my sister down here. And after another three minutes or so, we're all sitting at the table, eating in silence.

"Uhm, I forgot to ask you guys, but is it okay for me to go out tomorrow? There is a party going on and I got invited.", both my parents and Alex stare at me in shock. Was it something I said? My Dad is the first to catch his tongue. "Well, sure, it's just... it's been quite a while since you last went out. Are you sure you'll be fine? Is Claire going to be there as well?" I swallow what was left in my mouth before I answer.

"I think she will, after all, it's her boyfriends party.", this time Alex is the only one staring at me in disbelieve. "Oh my god! You got invited to Dillon's party? Are you kidding me? Everyone from my class wanted to go, but apparently Juniors aren't allowed." She glares at me for a second. "Well, I guess, that does make a little sense, but still. Can't you ask if at least I can come, I mean, every Junior at our school would be so jealous." Her eyes start to sparkle as she kept rambling on about... actually I have no idea about what exactly.

As we finished eating and Alex and I cleaned the kitchen, I was finally able to retreat back to my room, playing a little with my phone, before thinking about going to bed earlier today. After all, it will be a long night tomorrow and Claire was right with what she had said. So I ninja like jump out of my bed to get ready for going exactly there again. What a life.

I change into a baggy tshirt, keeping my boxers on, after I had taken a shower. Although, I'll probably shower again tomorrow, to wash my hair before the party. I have to say, as I was laying in bed, my watch sitting next to me, I started to feel a little anxious about my plans. My parents were right, it's been quite a while since I last went out with friends, probably even before I lost my hearing. I just don't want to feel like a total loser showing up there without Claire as a protection, I so hope she'll be there.

I must have fallen asleep, because when I opened my eyes again, the sun was shining with all it's might outside, making me flinch from the intense light that was entering from my window. Of course, I forgot to close the curtains. Half blind, I search for my phone somewhere deep under my sheets, pulling it out by it's charger cord.

Mere seconds before the screen lighted up, a few messages popped up, Dillon, Claire and Nathan. Well, it's pretty simple which one I will be reading first. (Duh)

Hey Sky, sorry I didn't write you right away, but I wanted to leave you some space you know, not wanting to corner you or anything. Sooo anyway, I heard there will be a party at Dillon's place and I was thinking of trashing it but I'd need a partner in crime to come with me. I know you said you weren't free this weekend but it would be totally awesome if you could come with me. After all, I'm the new kid and I don't even know anyone except for you.;)

Great! Just great! I'll never be able to go anywhere without him, this can't even be coincidence anymore, I bet Claire's behind this! There's just no other explanation. I go through my other messages, opening her's first.

Hey hot stuff! Hope you slept well, I just heard from Dillon that he invited Nathan over to his party, isn't that awesome! I was about to ask him to come anyway, but this just calls for faith. So, you better look nice! I'll come pick you up, ask Nathan if he wants to drive with us, will you love. Okay, I wish you a nice day and see you later. P.s I'll be at your place at around 6pm. Be ready! Love you.

This is turning into a nightmare! He's literally everywhere! What should I do, I always feel so weird when I'm around him, but on the other side, I want him close to me. This is so weird, I can't even figure out what is going on inside my mind at the moment. Or let's say the last few days! Nathan has been a big part of my thoughts lately, even though I hardly know him. It's been four days since I first met him and thinking back to how he was acting, I wouldn't have dreamed of him to be so clingy.