Chapter 40

We ate the cookies in comfortable silence, until he placed the now empty plate on the floor and faced me again. "I suggest we should get ourselves cleaned up. Maybe the paint is easy to wash off.", he grinned while looking at the crusted mess of hair on top of my head. I nodded, following him to his bathroom. "I can help you get it out, just lean over the bathtub. And maybe take your shirt off.", he smirked at the shocked expression I shot him, taking off his own shirt without further conversation.

"It's not like I haven't seen you shirtless before.", he said, gesturing towards his bedroom with his index finger. He made good points, but I wasn't quite sure if it was okay for me to take my shirt off. "You don't have to, Sky.", he ruffled through his hair, getting slightly stuck in the process."No, it's fine.", I whisper, lowering my gaze as I take it off, embarrassment written all over my face. I knew he was looking at me, just like that night after the party, so I tried to cover my chest with my arms, crossing them over it.

Suddenly he was right in front of me, lifting my chin up with his slender warm fingers, keeping it in place. "Don't be ashamed, you have a beautiful body, Sky.", I blush at his compliment, not dropping my arms though. "You too.", I curse myself for saying that out loud, but it's true. His muscular chest and the abs that clearly displayed on his upper body, with the Dog Tags dangling from his neck. His skin was smooth and flawless, except for a thin scar, running from his belly button towards the side of his stomach, I haven't noticed it before. I caught myself staring at his shirtless self, looking back up at the smirk that was displayed there.

"Thank you.", he leaned forward kissing the tip of my nose once again, "Now let's get us clean. Just lean over the edge of the bathtub, I'll wash the paint out of your hair." I obeyed, trembling slightly as I did as I was told, waiting for him to turn the water on.

It was warm and soothing and the way his fingers rubbed over my scalp send shivers down my spine. Nathan worked the shampoo into my hair as good as he could, trying to get everything out, but also preventing the soap from running into my face. I watched the foam and pieces of paint flush down the bathtub, disappearing after a while of spinning around. It was like a massage, and it felt really good, but after a while, his touch disappeared and got replaced by a towel. He roughly dried my hair, helping me back upon my feet.

"Thank you.", I was probably still blushing, but tried to smile at the satisfaction on his face. "I can wash yours too, if you want?"; I ask shyly, not really sure why exactly I did so. "Sure.", he kneed down where I hadbeen, leaning over the edge of the white bathtub. I grabbed the black bottle of shampoo, pouring some in the palm of my hand, before starting to work it into his crusty hair. His head moved slightly with my movements, as I tried to get that nasty stuff out of it. Small goosebumps were visible on his back and neck.

After a while I had finally cleaned his entire head, my back aching from being slumped up over him. I grabbed a fresh towel which was laying next to us and gently rubbed it over his hair. Nathan got back on his feet, he looked a little tired, but still happy. "It was almost like a massage, it felt really good.", he scratched the back of his neck a little. Inod, pulling the towel off of my head to put it down on the counter, next to where he had put his.

"Do you want to go outside to let it dry or do you want to use a hairdryer?", he shook his head a little, causing little drops of water to drip on the floor and on me."I don't mind either way, but don't we have to shower anyway?", I point at the crusted paint that was all over my arms and legs. And face. "That's true. Then let's shower and dry our hair after that.", he smiled, crossing his arms over his chest. "T-together?", my eyes widen in shock and my heart started to beat faster again. "Why not?", he laughed at my expression and the redness of my face, "Hey, don't be embarrassed, I was only joking, you can go first if you want."

He patted my head gently, giving me a reassuring smile, before leaving the bathroom. Why does he always have to do something like that? It's irritating! I scratch my head a little, before actually taking a shower. I wonder if we'll ever shower together, I mean, should I ever figure out what is going on inside my brain. I blush at the thought, grabbing the towel from before to dry myself off.

I actually don't want to wear the same things again, since they're still soaked in paint. Maybe I can ask Nathan if he'll borrow me some. I tiptoed over the cold floor, to open the door a little, the towel around my waist. "Uhm, Nathan, can I borrow some clothes?", I hoped he had heard me, as I waited for him to bring me something. He came walking down the hallway with two items of clothing. One being a yellow t-shirt with his name on it and a pair of black shorts.

"I hope they fit you.", he smiled as he handed me the things. "It should be fine, thank you.", I returned his smile, before awkwardly closing the door after a few seconds of silence. I put them on, staring at myself in the mirror. All of this is like a dream, never did I imagine everything turning out this way. Like, I just let him wash my hair and now I'm wearing his clothes (which actually smell like him). Little drops of water were already dripping on the yellow shirt, so I decided to let him use the bathroom next. I grabbed my towel before heading over to his room, where he was sitting in front of the cage, petting the three petite animals that were sitting on his lap.