Chapter 65

They make me sit at the head of it, so I can follow the conversation easier. Next to me Nathan and Claire who both smile at me, a hint of pride in their faces. Seeing all this food, the hunger starts to pitch in, happy about the various things I had to choose from. "Now tell me. How were the days without me?", Claire asks while snacking on some fries. "Those three days felt like a whole week to be honest. I confessed to Nathan with the help of Jordan.", I smile at my boyfriend who was stuffing his face with a hamburger, looking endlessly cute. "Wait, Jordan?Your tutor?", she seems surprised, I mean, I can't blame her, he was never that important in my life. "Yup, he dragged me out of bed and encouraged me to tell this dork how I feel about him.", Nathan starts to pout but cracks a smile soon after. Claire puts her handover mine, gaining my attention back, a worried look on her face."And what about your parents? Do they know?", I nod, giving her a quick resume of that evening. "I see, I'm sorry I wasn't there for you.", she really was sorry for our fight, guilt written allover her features.

"Now tell me, how has life treated you the past three days?", I change the subject, noticing that everyone sitting at this table listened carefully. "I broke up with Dillon this evening. I found out he was cheating on me and never actually loved me.", she sighs but tries to play over it with a grin. So he really was cheating on her with that girl I saw a few weeks ago. But I'm not sure if I should tell her that, I mean, I don't want to start another fight. "I'm so sorry. I know how much you liked him."; I give her a sympathetic smile, intertwining our fingers on the surface of the table. "It's fine, he's a dick.",she laughs a little, grabbing a few fries with her free hand."Anyway, how did you guys meet and how come I don't know about it?", she asks the other couple who are both munching on burgers. They look at each other first, before Junia starts to explain their love story, while I grabbed a wrapped burger and eating it.

"So.", she smiles at Aurora,"We met at a student council meeting at my old school and at first we absolutely hated each other, like I'm not kidding, if we were in the same room for two minutes we'd slit our throats.", Rory giggles at her girlfriends story, probably remembering it in the smallest detail. "Anyway, after weeks of verbally killing each other, I found her crying in the ladies room. She told me her girlfriend broke up with her and that was the time I started seeing her differently. We started hanging out, working together and having fun and you know,after a while we noticed these changes and poof.", Junia exchanges a glance with Aurora. "We kissed.", the white haired girl ended the story, pecking her lips as a statement. "That's really cute.",I say, done with my first burger and trying to reach for another one.

The rest of our stay at this restaurant, we talked about various things although this whole switching between all of their lips was really exhausting and even have me a headache after a while. We all grabbed some ice cream for dessert, before starting to head back home. To our surprise it was already 11pm and I was beyond exhausted and tired. Claire took Mika with her, drooping him off at his place so we didn't have to drive across town, since the two of them lived near by each other. Junia and Rory were the last to go, thanking us again for everything, not only the invitation but also the encouragement. I'm happy we can call these two our new friends and I'm extremely happy for being able to help them, even if we didn't know we actually did.

"So, do you want to sleep over at my place?", I ask Nathan as we head over to his truck, holding hands and leaning against each other. He answers as soon as I look up at him. "I'd love to.", he pecks my lips, grinning at me with his contagious smile. Alex didn't say anything, she just got in the car, waiting for us to follow suit and head home. The drive was fairly quiet, we didn't talk, much too my luck since my head was hurting from all of this conversation that was going on this evening. Not that I'm regretting my choice of letting them tag along, they were really nice to spend some time with.

We arrive at our neighborhood,parking in front of Nathans house so he could get changed before sleeping at my place. My sister seems quite tired, her eyes half closed as she mumbled something I couldn't read and left towards our house, her pair of rather high high heels in her hands. I decide to go with Nathan, waiting on his bed for him to get undressed and into pajamas so we could head back. Right as he was about to unbutton his shirt, my eyes fall shut and I reluctantly drift into sleep.