Chapter 59

Something around my wrist vibrates and for the first few seconds, I'm too confused as I try to figure out what it is. I sit up straight, the warm blanket slipping down my body as I rub my itching eyes. This night was way too short, or at least the parts where I actually slept. My head hurts, pulsing with every beat of my heart, which made things even more uncomfortable than they already were. With another heavy sigh, I force myself to get up and fix myself for the last day of school. The only thing that's going to happen today is that we get out report cards, after that we are free to leave and get ready for prom which is held later that evening.

I stumble over to my door and across the hallway towards the bathroom, which was unoccupied to my luck. With the speed of a turtle walking through a field of peanut butter, I get ready and head back over to my room, my thoughts being left behind on the trip over here. I feel somewhat passive, like it's not actually me, putting on clothes and turning the airplane mode of my phone off. It's more like I'm being controlled, my actions seeming unfamiliar, even though I've been doing the same things for as long as I can remember. My watch vibrates, gaining my attention faster than a blink of an eye.

Good morning baby, I hope you slept well, do you want to go out and have breakfast somewhere? You can bring Alex if you want to.

Breakfast with Nathan? Sounds like the perfect thing after a stressful night. I'll have to ask Alex if she wants to join us. I put my phone in my pocket, exiting my room and heading down the stairs towards the kitchen where, just like every morning, my mother and sister were already sitting at the counter, talking with each other.

"Good morning.", I smile tiredly, receiving two wide grins from the two females. "Good morning to you too. I hope you slept well.", my mother places alight kiss on my forehead. "It was okay, oh and Alex, Nathan asked if we want to go out and have breakfast together, do you want to come with us?", I look past my mother who was standing in front of me."No, you two have fun, I already ate a bunch of pancakes and scrambled eggs.", she winks before biting into her last remaining pancake, like she wanted to proof her statement correct. "Okay,suit yourself.", I sit down next to her, pulling my phone out of my pocket and answering Nathan.

Good morning, sleep was rather rare this night, but oh well. Alex already ate, so it's just going to be the two of us.

I waited for him to answer,heading outside as soon as he gave the okay. Even more than the last few days, I was really looking forward to seeing him this morning and even getting to do something before school. Seeing Nathan sitting in his truck I can't help but break a smile, waving over to him as I make my way to the vehicle. I receive a wink from the driver as I stand in front of the rolled down window, leaning inside to peck his lips. "How are you?", his fingers push my hair back a little,since I didn't really do anything with it this morning. "Well, now I'm fine.", I response with a wide grin and a slight blush displayed on my face. "Then I'm glad I could safe the day.",Nathan smiles broadly at his own statement.

Sometimes he's like a dork, but loveable that is.

"So, are you up for some food?", he asks, one of his hands rests on the steering wheel."Sure.", with that, I make my way around the car and onto the passenger seat, buckling up while he starts the engine. He told me about this breakfast place he found while strolling through town,driving there in quite the speed. Everything seems cramped today,even at this early hour, there are a lot of people walking down the streets and a sudden sense of restlessness following their movements. It doesn't really affect me that much these days, it's more the uneasiness that keeps tabs on me for most of the time.