Chapter 32

The next morning came way too fast, not only was I still sort of hungover but also unmotivated to go to school. But the thought of seeing Nathan lit my spirits a little, enough to make me get ready as soon as my alarm rang. BeforeI went to bed yesterday I wrote with Claire deciding to meet up with her today, since we kinda slacked on our alone time. I also haven't told her about the things that happened at the party and at his place, not sure if I should do that today.

After I got dressed and packed my things, I went downstairs, seeing both my sister and mom sit at the table on the kitchen, eating their breakfast and talking with each other. For the first time in a while, my mother didn't look tired, she seemed happy and refreshed, the weekend must have helped her retreat from work.

"Good morning, love. How are you feeling, still hungover?", mom winked at me, as I sat down across from her next to Alex, who kept staring in her school book. I'm assuming she'll be writing a test today. "Yeah, kinda. Is it that visible?", I rub underneath my eyes, earning a wide grin from the woman facing me. "A little, but it should be fine, just try to concentrate in class.", she got up to get me something to eat.

I ate what was on the plate and waited for my sister to finally finish so we could go. Sitting in the car, I started to get a quite nervous. Seeing Nathan again after everything, I wasn't sure on how to approach him. And of course the whole thing with Claire was heavy on my chest as well, since I still didn't know if whether or not I should tell her about it or not. Maybe I should ask Nathan first if he's okay with me telling her in the first place.

We reach our school, entering the as always packed parking lot. Alex and I got out, walking beside each other towards the school building, passing a group of students who were fooling around before classes start and in the middle of the mall, I noticed Dillon. So did he, we stare at each for a second, but I have already past by, entering the school with my sister behind me.

The hallways felt indescribably long and I felt as if people were looking at me, their eyes burning on my back, but maybe I'm just imagining things again, like when Claire wasn't there last week. "I'll be on my way to my class now, have a nice day, bro.", Alex hugged me tightly before leaving me in front of the room I'll be spending first period in.

I immediately recognize Claire sitting at our usual spot, but the black haired boy that she talked to caught my interest even more. With a smile I walk up to the two of them, wondering what they were talking about. As soon as she saw me, the blonde girl jumped up, running over to me. "Sky! I'm so happy to see you. How are you?", she seemed euphoric, considering the huge bags underneath her eyes.

"I'm fine, but you look a little tired there, don't you?", I tease her, receiving a light punch on my arm and a huge grin. "Same goes for you." We laugh, sitting back down to Nathan, who waited for us to return. My uncertainty was back and I almost instantly didn't know what I was supposed to say to him.

"Hey.", I sat down on my chair, smiling at him like an idiot. "Hey", he was leaning against the table behind us, compared to us he looked refreshed and quite happy. Claire must have felt the weird aura that was surrounding Nathan and I, giving us confused looks, but keeping quiet about it. I bet she already knows anyway.

Nathan took the seat behind Claire, sitting next to the brunette girl he had asked to take our notes before. Any other seat, except for the one in the back, was already taken. The girl seemed extremely nervous, knowing that he will be sitting next to her. Just like before, there was this weird sting in my heart, as I watched those two talk. Even though I know nothing could happen, considering his sexuality, but also the thought of her being so excited about it was awful.

During our first period, Claire suddenly tabbed my shoulder, her head was facing the young teacher that was explaining something, but her arm was reached over to me, asmall white paper with an S written on it in between her fingertips. Without saying anything, I take it, unfolding the note.

Did you talk to Claire about it?

I knew exactly what he was talking about and also knew that had to be a note from Nathan. I scribble a quick no underneath his writing, passing it back to Claire and watching her throw it behind her. I turned back around trying to pay attention to what our teacher was trying to teach us.

Lunch break sure took it's time, but as we finally made our way over to our table, we were all happy for the first half of the day behind us. We enter the cafeteria, heading over to Dillon and his friends who were already sitting atour table, trays of food in front of them. Most of the guys seemed exhausted as well, the party was still some what in their bones. Their looks shot up and Dillons face lit up when he saw Claire coming towards them, pulling her into a kiss.

I really don't want to be with these people, not that I don't like them, but they're just so different to what I'm used to. What am I used to? Nothing, I guess. Nathan must have noticed it, watching me from the corner of his eye. "Didn't we want to go down to the music room?", Nathan looks at me, before winking almost unnoticeable. Thankful for what he had said, we leave the group with a quick bye, heading out of the crowded cafeteria again.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++4

Sorry for the long wait, but here is the next chapter! I hope you like it! Please leave a comment or a vote, i would love to read about your opinion!