Chapter 48

I miss you already, even though I could basically walk over to your place any time I wanted to. Hm, I might have to do that whenever I need to steal a kiss from you -smirking emoji- Today was fun, I love spending time with you and I hope you do too. About Wednesday, are you sure you want to go there? We could still just play in my pool, you know?

Biting my lip, I tried to surpass that idiotic grin that tried to sneak it's way onto my face while I read his text. Oddly, every message I have received from him is something special, he manages to make me smile or feel like he's right there with me by simply typing on a smartphone and sending that to me. It's weird but also nice. Nice to know that a feeling like this actually exists and that it's not just something created by movies or books.

I miss you too, today was really great, being with you makes me happy... I don't even know why, but even reading your message makes me smile. I wish you were here right now, you make the bad thoughts in my head go away with just simply being close to me.

I deleted the entire text. No way in hell, I could ever send something like this, even if it is the truth.

I miss you too, but please don't barge in here whenever you feel like it, at least call beforehand -laughing emoji- I enjoyed our time together as well, I'm glad we got to talk and stuff. Anyway, don't worry, I'm not going to back out of something that is already planned, I mean, it can't be that bad now can it?

Deep down, I wanted to send what I had written before, but I knew that it was more than inappropriate to just throw something like this at someone. It didn't take long for Nathan to answer, it never actually does, at least when he has nothing better to do.

I'm glad too, I hope I could help you at least a little. Just remember, I like you for the person you are, whether that's the one that cried down in the music room or the one that can transform from cute baby dog into an angry baby dog in only a few seconds -winking emoji- Don't think about all of this too much, let your heart decide what you want. That actually sounded really cheesy, make sure you don't get stuck on that sticky line over there, or else I have to come and help you out -laughing emoji-

I cracked a quiet laughter as I read his text, so sweet but also so... weird and kinda irritating. How even is he doing this? Staring at the letters of the message, I thought of a good response to this, not quite sure if there's something appropriate to answer.

You help just by being near me. Sorry, I'm not trying to catch up on the cheesiness that you're spreading . Although, I think I actually did get stuck -laughingemoji-

I can't believe I'm having a conversation like this with another guy that lives seven houses down the street. The watch vibrates.

Wait, I'll be there in a sec...

My eyes widened at what I just read, heart starting to pick up on some speed.

Are you serious right now?

It took a lot longer for him to answer so I was actually starting to freak out. What if he's already standing in front of the door. And what am I supposed to tell my parents if there is suddenly a guy standing there who wants to see me at 7.30pm? My watch vibrates.

I am if you want me to be.

I really do want to see him, butI don't know how to explain something like this, to my parents that is.

I would love to see you, don't get me wrong, but I don't think now is a good time. I'm not sure how I'd explain that to my parents. Let's just keep on texting and we'll see each other tomorrow?