Chapter 57

Amazing cover by NightmarexDaydreamx

Our driver parks the car on an almost empty parking lot, cutting of the engine and turning to face me. "I already have a suit, but I want to get a tie that will match yours, so feel free to choose a color you like.", he kisses the top of my nose before jumping out of the car. Alex and I follow suit as he leads us over to a store which sells dresses, specifically for special occasions. We push my sister inside, since she was insisting on getting us suits first. "-there anything I can help you with?",I didn't quite get the first few words, but I still understood what the employee had uttered. Alex seems rather shy, as she was explaining the type of dresses she prefers. The lady automatically takes her to... where ever she was taking her and shows her different kinds of designs and colors.

At one point, Nathan and I where just wandering around the store, pointing out things we think look gorgeous, but not wanting to interrupt the lady that was helping Alex, she was going all out to please her costumer. After another few minutes or even hours, Nathan tugs at the hem of my shirt, pointing at Alex who was wearing the most breathtaking dress I had ever seen. It's a mixture of purple and rose, a taffy colored bow in the front. The material appears to be tulle, so is the see through layer on top of the color one. It's strapless fitting her shoulder and bust perfectly and reaching down to above her knees. "You look absolutely stunning.", she smiles shyly at my compliment, slightly clutching the front of the dress. Her gaze switches to the person next to me, a short laugh escaping her lips soon after.

I turn to face him, curiosity displayed on my features. "What did you say?", I really want to know what made her laugh, after seeming so depressed the other days."I just said if I weren't gay, I'd ask her out.", he smiled,first at her then at me. "Well, then I'm glad you are, so I wouldn't have lost you to my younger sister.", I joke, leaning up to his lips for a kiss. "No worries, I'll stick to you.", he closed the last few inches between us. In this moment, I had almost forgotten that we weren't at home where no one was able to see us,so I quickly broke the kiss, a huge blush spreading over my cheeks as I notice, not only the employee but also a few customers staring at us. Looking down at my feet, the embarrassment heavy on my mind and the glances of the other people burning even more than the blush.

Nathan sneaks his arm around me,pulling me closer to him giving me a sense of protection. I could feel him talk, his chest raising and falling in short distances,while his hand was rubbing over my back. He lifts my chin with his thumb, practically forcing me to look at him. "She wants to know if she should get this one or try on a few others.", his green eyes. So captivating when you at least expect it. "She should get this one, it's really beautiful.", I look over to her, a huge grin on her face, probably from my extremely embarrassing move. "Okay, I'll get this one. Wow, it only took me.", she glances at her phone which was laying in the changing room, "One and a half hours to choose a dress. That's pretty fast.", she laughs at our puzzled faces before pulling the curtains shut and changing into her regular clothing.

The lady even gave us a discount,because she supports the LGBT+ community, so I guess it was good that I kissed him. We exit the store, Nathan and I exhausted from doing nothing. "So, which store did you have in mind?", my sister and I both looked at him after I had asked my question. "Maybe the one down the street, I got mine there.", we nod and follow Nathan, who has already started walking there. I found myself in the same situation as on our first date, should I take his hand or not? And just like that time, he notices my glances downwards, taking my hand in his and giving it, like always, a light squeeze and a smile towards me. Even though, touching him and being close to him feels so fantastic, there is always this thing about the public and society. I'm never sure if it's okay for me to be as close to him as I want when we're in public places, if it's okay for me to just kiss him without thinking about any consequence. But sometimes, he takes this fear, like now, it's great holding his hand and showing everyone that we belong together. I don't even know if this thought, this fear will ever really vanish or it's the downside of my happiness.