Chapter 53

The morning came way too early,considering the short amount of time I had to actually sleep. Luckily, my sister woke me up today, because I wasn't wearing my watch to wake me up, I must have forgotten to put it around my wrist last night. Reluctantly, I got out from under my warm blanket,turning on my phone while opening the window and breathing the fresh air that entered my room to get rid of the disgusting stench in here.

Good morning beautiful, hope you slept well. I'll pick you up in an hour, you're probably not up yet though.

His message was the first thing that popped up on my screen, making me grin automatically like the idiot I am. Well, at least I can't be blamed, since that's not exactly my fault.

I head over to the bathroom,leaving the window opened while getting ready in the other room,trying to cover up the not fading hickey and coming back soon after. Standing in front of my huge closet I try to decide what to wear,choosing a normal brownish t-shirt and black shorts, standard if you ask me. While pulling the shirt over my head, I have a free view on the scars that I haven't been paying attention to a lot these days. Ever since Nathan and I talked about them, I'm way more confident with having them on my body. He had said that he liked me for the person I am and was.

Fully dressed and ready to go, I scurried down the stairs, greeting my parents with a cheerful good morning. "I'm so glad you seem happier today. And we both can't wait to meet your new friend. Aren't we, Alan.", she pinched the grumpy man in the arm, earning an annoyed side glance and a small nod, before his head disappeared behind the papers he was reading."Ignore him, we really are.", my mother smiled, her blue eyes sparkling in the light of the morning sun that entered through the window to our left.

Alex joined us soon after, Just in time as Nathan wrote me that he's waiting outside. My mother saw us both off, closing the door behind us with a charming smile on her face. My heart started to pick up it's pace as I walked over to his black pickup, earning a wink from the driver sitting inside it. This would be our first day as an official couple and I'm kinda anxious to whether or not we are going to tell the others.

The others? There is no Claire or Dillon, there is just Mika and we might as well tell him since he already assumed that we were dating. My sister and I hurried to take our seats, greeting Nathan while buckling up. As my eyes met with his for the first actual time today, I couldn't help but grin at him, so did he. I really wanted to kiss, but with my sister in the back...well, she did see us before, so might as well. Without further hesitation, I leaned into his lips, smiling into them slightly. He immediately returned the kiss, maintaining it sweet and innocent.

"It's good to see.", we parted and looked at each other for a little while longer, before completely leaning back into our seats. "It is.", he answered,starting up the engine and driving us towards our school. Suddenly my watch vibrated, displaying a message from my sister, which was odd,since she was sitting right behind me.

You guys are really sweet together, would have never imagined you to get in a relationship that fast. Mom told me that you'll be inviting a friend over for dinner,I'm guessing she meant Nathan.

I looked over my shoulder, eying the girl sitting behind me and nodding slowly, before turning back to the front. Yet again, my watch vibrated.

Awesome! What I wanted to ask,are you and Nathan going to prom together?

I had thought about that too, not sure if I should ask him or not.

I don't know, should I ask him?

I felt a little guilty for not talking to my boyfriend while he was driving but I guess there is really no other way than staying silent, if we don't want to cause an accident or anything. We reached the school pretty fast, entering the parking lot as my watch vibrated.