The Best Man

You were alone at the apartment. Your boyfriend Sherlock was working on a case with John and you were too tired to come along. Mrs. Hudson wasn't downstairs either, she went to the supermarket a few minutes ago. You were watching Doctor Who when someone knocked on the door. ''Come in.'' You shouted, not turning away from the television. The door opened and you turned around to see who it was. ''Oh hello Mycroft! What are you doing here?'' You asked as you turned the television off. Mycroft walked over to you and sat down in John's old chair, he seemed a bit nervous. ''Are you alright Mycroft?'' You asked curiously. ''Yes, yes of course.'' He said a bit too quickly. You frowned and he sighed. Mycroft has always liked you, you are very intelligent and you always know when something is wrong. Even the Holmes brothers couldn't hide their emotions and Mycroft was very impressed by that. ''I came to you for advice.'' He said. You raised your eyebrows and looked at him a bit surprised. ''You need advice?'' You asked. ''As you know Gregory and I are engaged so there will be a wedding soon.'' He paused for a second and you gestured that he'd continue. ''I wanted to ask Sherlock to be my best man but I'm afraid that he'll say no.'' Mycroft sighed and you sensed that he was upset and a bit scared. ''I know that you two haven't got the best relationship but he loves you, you're his brother and that means something. Just ask him, he'll say yes.'' You smiled and Mycroft nodded. Mycroft seemed convinced by your answer but you weren't. Sherlock cared for his brother, you saw that but still you had never heard them say anything nice to each other. You walked over to the kitchen and made some tea. Sherlock would be home any second now and you always made him tea. You handed Mycroft his cup and sat back down in Sherlock's chair with yours. You and Mycroft didn't speak anymore you both just sipped your tea once in a while but it wasn't awkward at all. Suddenly you heard some loud noises coming from downstairs and you heard Sherlock climbing up the stairs. ''(Y/N)!'' He shouted. The door flew open and Sherlock stormed inside. You stood up to greet him and he almost tackled you. ''I'm upset (Y/N).'' He said as he wrapped his strong arms around you. Sherlock was never like this when other people were around but you were a different story. You had gotten to know the other side of Sherlock Holmes and that made you feel very special. You managed to free your arm from his grip and lightly stroked his hair. ''Want to talk about it?'' You asked softly. ''Maybe later.'' He decided. You nodded in understanding and he let go of you. ''Mycroft why are you here?'' He asked angrily. Mycroft forced a smile and placed his cup on the table. ''Be nice Sherlock.'' You warned. Sherlock rolled his eyes and sat down in his chair and pulled you on top of his lap. You absolutely loved it when he showed affection in front of others and not just when you were alone even if it was just to make Mycroft uncomfortable. You smiled and kissed him on his cheek and you could practically hear Mycroft's eyes rolling. ''I wanted to ask you something.'' Mycroft said. ''No.'' Sherlock said immediately. ''You don't even know what he wants to ask you Sherlock. So shut up and listen to your older brother.'' You gave him a stern look and he shut his mouth and forced a sarcastic smile. ''Gregory and I are getting married in 3 weeks and I want you to be my best man.'' You looked at Mycroft and then turned your gaze to Sherlock. His mouth was still closed and he was staring at his brother, his eyes wide. ''No not this again.'' You sighed and sent Mycroft an apologizing smile. This had happened when John asked Sherlock to be his best man and after you had kissed him for the first time. Finally after a few minutes Sherlock started to function again. ''You. You want me to be your best man?'' He stuttered. ''Yes of course.'' Sherlock fell silent again and you rolled your eyes. ''Say something Sherlock.'' You said. ''Do I have to write a speech again?'' He asked after a while. Mycroft nodded and Sherlock was silent before speaking again. ''Can I bring a date?'' He asked. ''I was counting on that actually. Here you go (Y/N).'' He handed you an envelope with probably the wedding invitation in it. ''So Sherlock. Will you do it?'' Mycroft asked trying to hide the emotions in his voice but failing. Sherlock didn't seem to notice. ''Sure.'' Sherlock looked at you and you nodded in approval, letting him know that he did it right. ''Good! I'll see you at the wedding then. Oh and (Y/N) wear a purple dress. Gregory picked the colours.'' Mycroft left the apartment and you and Sherlock were alone again. ''Are you excited for the wedding?'' You asked him. ''Sure why not.'' He replied. ''Come on let's go shopping.'' You said as you jumped off his lap. He grunted but followed you anyway.

3 weeks later...

It was the day of the wedding and you were headed to the after party. The ceremony was beautiful, Mycroft and Greg wrote their own vows and Sherlock almost cried but he would never admit that. ''Ready for your speech?'' You asked as you sat down at the head table. He nodded and tapped on his pocket where he kept the cards. You didn't really understand why he brought cards, he could always use his mind palace but you guessed he was just nervous. Once everyone finished the food Sherlock stood up and started with his speech. ''Congratulations to Graham and my brother.'' He started. The guests laughed and Greg sighed. ''I know that our relationship isn't the best but you're my brother and I'm glad that you asked me to be your best man. I'll return the favour one day.'' He paused to give you a huge wink and you blushed and stared at your hands. The guests let out a small aww and Sherlock continued with a huge grin on his face, he loves it when you blush. The speech lasted about 15 minutes. It was really sweet mostly and somewhat embarrassing but at the end everyone cheered and clapped and some people were crying. Mycroft and Greg made their way to the dance floor for their first dance as husbands. Everyone was watching them and Sherlock grabbed your hand tightly before dragging you to the dance floor as well. More people joined and Mary and John (Greg's best man) joined too. Sherlock was an excellent dancer and so were you. You had won many awards when you were younger and you and Sherlock danced a lot together when you were alone and bored. You two swayed to the music and you looked each other in the eyes. You would never get enough of his beautiful blue, green and gold eyes. Sherlock leaned forward a bit and softly pressed his lips on yours. Eventually he pulled back and you blushed again, Sherlock rarely showed you any affection in public. The rest of the night was wonderful and you haven't felt this happy in years. You and Sherlock were sitting in a cab on your way back to the apartment. ''(Y/N)?'' Sherlock said, breaking the silence. Your head was resting on his shoulder and you were almost asleep. ''Hmm.'' You were too tired to actually talk. ''You can sleep if you want, I'll wake you up when we get there.'' He said. You nodded and immediately fell asleep. Sherlock smiled as he watched you sleep. He thought that you were the most beautiful woman on earth and he was proud to be able to say that you were his. He kissed the top of your head. ''I love you (Y/N).'' He whispered. That was the first time he had ever said those words to a woman and he was glad to finally get that off his chest even though you weren't awake. The cab pulled over and Sherlock paid the cabbie. You looked too beautiful so Sherlock lifted you up bridal style and carried you to the bedroom. He removed your shoes and covered you with the blankets. He went back to the main room and grabbed his violin. He continued with the love song he was composing for you and he couldn't wait for you to hear it.

A/N:  I hope you liked it! Please vote and share this with your friends if you'd like. I have more Sherlock fanfictions and I would be honoured if you'd read them :)

Enjoy the rest of your day!