Not Sherlock~Part 2.

''(Y/N), over here!'' Greg called, waving. You saw him and quickly walked over to him. ''Hi.'' You greeted, blushing. ''Did Sherlock try to stop you from meeting me here?'' Lestrade wondered. You smiled and nodded. ''Yes, he literally barricaded the door, but I managed to climb out of the window.'' Greg laughed, causing butterflies to appear in your stomach again. ''You climbed out of the window for this date? We could've rescheduled.'' You shrugged and laughed too. ''I was looking forward to this date. Sherlock is not the boss of me. I can do whatever I want.''

''Independent. I like that in a woman.'' Greg realised what he just said to you and his face became bright red. ''I mean uh it's good that you don't listen to uh Sherlock. You should do what you think is right, and not uh listen to your cousin all the time.'' He stammered. You blushed and giggled at his embarrassment. ''Thank you, Greg.'' He grinned sheepishly and scratched the back of his neck. ''Shall we get that coffee now?'' He asked. You nodded and followed him to a coffee shop. He opened the door for you, like a true gentleman, and took your coat from you. You couldn't help but blush at his behaviour, you felt so special.

You walked over to a table together and Greg pulled the chair back for you, allowing you to sit. ''I'll get the coffee. What would you like?'' He asked. ''Black, two sugars.'' You answered, smiling. Greg left briefly to get the coffee and you stared out of the window. You leaned forward to get a closer look. You had this weird feeling that someone was watching you, but you didn't see anyone. ''Here's your coffee.'' Greg said, placing the cup in front of you. Your head snapped in his direction. ''Oh, sorry. Did I scare you?'' He wondered. You relaxed and shook your head, smiling. ''No, it's fine. Thank you for the coffee.''

''So, tell me about your books. You mentioned that you were a writer when you called last night.'' Greg rested his chin on his hand, giving you his full attention. You blushed again and tried to cover it up by drinking some coffee. This man was too adorable for words. ''I discovered my passion for writing quite early in life and I wanted to become a published author, which I am now. My books are all mystery and crime novels, involving lots and lots of murder. I'm like Sherlock in that area.'' You said, giggling slightly. ''That sounds really interesting. Perhaps I could learn something about being a detective if I read your books.'' Greg said. ''I'm sure that you don't need me to teach you how to do your job. I've seen some of the cases you worked on. You're a great DI.'' You complemented. Greg smiled adorably and mouthed a 'thank you' before drinking some of his coffee.

You had both finished your coffee ages ago, but you two couldn't stop talking to each other. You felt so comfortable with Greg, you weren't afraid to hide anything from him. Some embarrassing stories were told and also some sad and happy stories. It was like you and Greg had known each other for ages.

You checked your watch and sighed. ''I should go back to 221B. I really don't want Sherlock to lock me up tomorrow.'' You said, giggling. ''I'll walk you home.'' Greg offered. He got the coats and handed you yours. You both left the coffee shop, still talking about the things you two had experienced. You linked your arm with Greg's as you walked back to Baker Street. ''I had a lovely day.'' You said. ''Me too.'' He agreed. ''We could do it again soon.'' You looked at him and nodded, a bright smile on your face. ''I'd love to.''

You reached 221B and stopped in front of the door. ''I'll call you then?'' Greg asked. ''I'm looking forward to it.'' You smiled and opened the door with your key, heading inside. ''(Y/N).'' Greg called, stopping you. ''Yes?'' He leaned forward and pressed a kiss on your lips. ''I'll see you soon.'' He winked before walking away. You had the biggest grin on your face and your cheeks were bright red. ''Bye, Greg.'' You whispered, pressing a finger against your lips.

~The Next Day~

''I thought that I told you not to go on a date with Greg.'' Sherlock said as he entered the kitchen where you were making tea. ''Who says that I was on a date with Greg?'' You shot back, playing innocent. ''Oh please, I followed you two yesterday. I saw everything.'' Sherlock said, emphasizing the last word of the sentence. Your cheeks became bright red as you tried to walk away, but Sherlock stopped you. ''You have my approval.'' He said suddenly. You looked up and smiled widely. ''Really? You're letting me date Greg?!'' You squealed. Sherlock smiled at your excitement and nodded. ''He treated you well last night. You deserve to be happy, (Y/N).'' He stated. You wrapped your arms around Sherlock's neck and hugged him tightly. ''Thank you!'' You repeated over and over again. ''I already visited Lestrade at Scotland Yard this morning to tell him that. He'll pick you up tonight to take you out to dinner.'' You let go of Sherlock, eyes widened. ''I HAVE TO BUY A DRESS!'' You screeched. You ran downstairs, calling Mrs. Hudson in the process, and rushed outside to go find the perfect dress for your second date with Greg.

I hope you enjoyed ♥