Puppy

SherlockxMale!Reader

''Hurry up, John!'' I shouted as I chased the robber I had been trying to find for two weeks. ''My legs are shorter than yours!'' John shouted in return. The sound of gunshots filled my ears and the criminal fell to the floor. I got the handcuffs out of my pocket and tied his hands together behind his back. ''Thank you, John.'' I panted as I kept my foot on his back so he wouldn't try anything. ''I aimed for his leg but his foot works too, I guess.'' John mumbled as he finally caught up. Lestrade and some other officers ran over to us and took the man away. ''Thanks Sherlock! He was a real pain to find but you did it, mate.'' Lestrade said, patting me on my shoulder. ''No problem, Gavin.'' I replied uncomfortably. ''I think I left my scarf at the crime scene. Come along, John!'' John sighed but followed me back to the shop where the robber had stolen a few things before I caught him. I looked around to find my scarf and finally spotted it... in the mouth of a small black puppy. ''Hey!'' I stormed over to the small dog and tried to pull the scarf out of his mouth. ''Let it go!'' The puppy obeyed and let go of my scarf. There was a huge tear in the scarf and it was completely covered with drool. ''My scarf...'' I pouted as I looked at it. ''You little devil!'' I shouted at the dog. I grabbed my gun and aimed it at the puppy. ''Sherlock!'' John interrupted. ''It's just a scarf. You have more scarfs, what does it matter?'' He questioned. ''It was my favourite scarf...'' I mumbled. ''Then you shouldn't have left it here. Now give me that gun.'' John took the gun from me and I shot the puppy a death glare before storming off. John immediately following me.

''I'm bored, John.'' I whined. ''We just got back from a case!'' He protested. I shrugged, ''So what? Can't a man be bored?'' John sighed and continued to read his paper. Suddenly, I heard barking coming from downstairs. ''Do you hear that too, John?'' I wondered. ''The barking you mean? Yes, I can hear it too.'' He replied, not looking away from the paper. The door to our flat opened and Mrs. Hudson walked in. ''Hello boys! I repaired your scarf, Sherlock.'' I jumped up and retrieved my scarf. ''Do you have a dog, Mrs. Hudson?'' I questioned. ''No, I thought he was yours.'' The barking got louder and louder and I tried to shut the door but it was too late. The same black puppy ran into the flat and jumped on the couch. ''He likes it here already!'' Mrs. Hudson chuckled. ''Get that devil out of my flat!'' I shouted. The puppy jumped off of the couch and started running around. ''Not my violin!'' I yelled as I ran after it. Mrs. Hudson laughed and went back downstairs. ''John, do something!'' I begged. John shook his head and laughed, ''No, I like him.'' I grunted and tried to get the puppy away from my violin but he wasn't letting go. He saw another opportunity and launched himself at the scarf that was still in my other hand. ''NO!'' I tried to pull it out of his mouth but he wasn't letting go. The puppy stormed off, the scarf still in his mouth. ''Damn it!'' My violin had bite marks in it and one of the strings snapped. ''I'm taking that bloody dog to the animal shelter tomorrow!''

I was doing some experiments when Blackbeard came running into the kitchen and bumped into the table. ''You're not the smartest dog, are you?'' I laughed. I patted the now full grown, black Labrador and then resumed my experiment. Blackbeard barked and ran off again. I've started to like that dog over the past few months. I named him Blackbeard after the dog I had when I was a child. John entered the kitchen later that night and seemed worried. ''Something wrong?'' I asked, looking away from my microscope. ''Blackbeard seems a little too unenergetic.'' He said. I got up from the chair and followed John to the living room. Blackbeard was, as usual, lying down on my chair. He didn't start barking like he usually does when I enter the room he's in, he looked at me with tired eyes and didn't make a sound. I crouched down next to him to take a closer look at him. His eyes were a little red and I noticed his breathing getting heavier. ''I'll take him to the vet tomorrow morning.'' I decided.

I carried Blackbeard out of the cab, he was too ill to walk. I let the receptionist know that I was here and sat down in the waiting room. Blackbeard was lying on top of my feet and he occasionally whined, he hated the vet just like other animals. ''Holmes?'' A rather handsome looking man called. I picked Blackbeard up again and followed the vet to a small room. ''You must be Sherlock Holmes. My name is Doctor (Y/L/N). And who's our little friend over here?'' I shook the doctor's hand and answered, ''His name is Blackbeard.'' The vet inspected my dog while I stood next to the door. Blackbeard occasionally growled when the vet did something he didn't like but he didn't bite. ''I would like to keep Blackbeard here for a few days to make sure he gets the right treatment. We'll call you as soon as you're able to take him home.'' He said. ''That's fine.'' I replied. I shook the doctor's hand again and said goodbye to Blackbeard before heading outside and getting a cab back to the flat.

_A Few Days Later_

I immediately went back to pick up Blackbeard after receiving the call from doctor (Y/L/N). I couldn't keep that man out of my head ever since I got home. As soon as I entered his office, I was greeted by a very energetic Blackbeard. ''Hi buddy!'' I said, crouching down. He started barking loudly and I smiled as I tried to calm him down. ''He's a wonderful dog, Mr. Holmes.'' (Y/L/N)  said. ''Please, call me Sherlock.'' I replied. ''Thank you for treating Blackbeard.''

''No problem! And call me (Y/N).'' I nodded and stood up. He smiled adoringly and I went for it, without thinking it through properly. ''Would you like to have dinner with me tonight? My way of saying thank you.'' (Y/N) seemed surprised by my question but nodded. ''I'd like that.'' I tied Blackbeard's collar around his neck and shook the doctor's hand one last time. ''I'll see you tonight then. Come to 221B Baker Street. I'll be there.'' I smiled and winked before I left the building and went home with Blackbeard.

A/N:

This was requested by @PrincessPeach211

I hope you all enjoyed this imagine! I was thinking about a new cover for this book but I'm not very good at making them. If anyone who's good at making covers would be so kind to help me out, that would be lovely. I'll give you credit in the description, of course!  Thank you for reading/voting and for all your lovely comments. I love reading your opinions and reactions! Have a lovely day <3.