The Abandoned Child~Part 2.

''Sherlock!'' You called as you entered the flat. You carried the heavy shopping bags to the kitchen and placed them on the counter. ''I'm back!'' You shouted. Sherlock didn't reply again and you shrugged it off. You started unpacking the bags and put all the food in the fridge or in the cupboard. You heard footsteps descending from the stairs and Sherlock eventually appeared in the kitchen, holding Joanne in his arms. ''Hello, Love.'' He greeted, giving you a quick kiss on your lips. You smiled and stroked Joanne's head. ''Did she have a good nap?'' You wondered. ''Yes, she woke up just before you got back home.'' Sherlock explained. You nodded gratefully and kissed Sherlock again before continuing to unpack all the bags.

___

You handed Sherlock the bowl filled with small pieces of fruit so he could feed them to Joanna. He was the best at trying to get her to eat. Joanna saw the food and immediately shut her mouth and covered it with her small hands. She shook her head and you laughed at her stubbornness, she clearly learned that from Sherlock. ''Please, Joanna.'' Sherlock begged. She shook her head again and refused to remove her hands from her mouth. ''I'll call Anderson and tell him to babysit you if you don't eat some of the fruit!'' Sherlock threatened. She slowly removed her hands and opened her mouth a little, her eyes were widened with fear. Sherlock chuckled slightly and put a piece of banana in her mouth. ''Chew it.'' He commanded. Her tiny mouth closed and she started chewing on the food as slowly as possible. ''Tastes good, right?'' Sherlock asked. ''Bah, mommy.'' She replied. You raised your eyebrows and stared in awe. Sherlock didn't seem to be bothered by it and forced another piece of fruit in her mouth. ''Did-did she just call you mommy?'' You inquired. Sherlock nodded and continued to feed her. ''And you're not bothered by it?'' You asked. ''No, she can call me whatever she wants.'' He shrugged. You smiled and sat on Sherlock's lap, wrapping your arm around his neck. ''You're a great mother.'' You told him. He chuckled and pressed a kiss on your cheek, receiving some loud protesting from Joanna. ''Will you eat just one more piece of fruit, Joanne?'' Sherlock asked, holding the spoon in front of her mouth. She shook her head and kept her mouth shut. ''Please, for mommy.'' He begged. Joanna looked at him for a second but opened her mouth and allowed Sherlock to put the strawberry in her mouth. ''Good job!'' Sherlock exclaimed. You got up from his lap and took the fruit bowl from him and put it in the fridge for later. Sherlock picked Joanna up and twirled her around, earning her loud giggles that you both loved to hear. ''Come on, Joanna. It's time for your deduction lessons.'' You rolled playfully rolled your eyes and followed the two consulting detectives to the living room.

___

''So, how's the family life?'' John asked you. You smiled widely and looked at Sherlock who was sitting on the floor with Joanna, playing with her dolls. ''Perfect.'' You sighed happily. John smiled and placed his hand on Mary's growing stomach. ''I can't wait until it's our turn.'' He said. Sherlock stood up and joined the conversation, leaving Joanna alone for a minute. ''It might be sooner than you think.'' He deduced, scanning Mary. ''I think she'll be here in two weeks.'' John's eyes widened and he stared at Sherlock. ''That's a little early but I can't wait to meet her.'' Mary said.

Suddenly, Joanna started crying. You and Sherlock both jumped up and crouched down beside her. Sherlock held her against his chest and you stroked her hair. ''Don't worry, Joanna. Mommy's here.'' Sherlock cooed. ''What's wrong, darling?'' You asked. Joanna sniffed and pointed at the broken doll on the floor. You picked it up and carefully attached its head back on its body. ''Look, all better now!'' You exclaimed. You handed her the doll and Sherlock placed her back on the floor. John and Mary were staring at you, confusion written all over their faces. ''Mommy?'' John asked. You laughed and Sherlock nodded, looking as serious as ever. ''She's been calling me that since this morning.'' He explained. ''And you don't mind?'' Mary wondered. ''Of course not. It's important that she feels comfortable around us and if she wants to call me that, who would I be to tell her not to.'' Sherlock stated, shrugging it off.

You sat back down on the chair and Sherlock went back to playing with Joanna. You stared at them, a loving look in your eyes. ''You two are great parents.'' John said. You looked at him and smiled. ''She's a great daughter.'' You pointed out.

''Mommy, no!'' Everyone turned their heads to look at Sherlock and Joanna. She was tearing up again as Sherlock struggled to fix the broken doll. ''I think we need to buy a new doll. She'll get traumatised if the head keeps coming off.'' He told you. You laughed and nodded in agreement. ''I'll call Mycroft.''

A second part was requested by PrincessPeach211 and Nightshade004

I hope you liked it. Thank you for reading. ♥