Bluestone Alley

Requested by AC_A99

This is such a beautiful song and you should definitely listen to it! Thank you all so much for reading, voting and commenting. I absolutely adore reading your opinions and reactions, so please, don't stop. I love you all and I hope you enjoy the rest of your day ♥ 

~***~

I stood up from my chair and grabbed my violin. I was bored out of my mind and couldn't think of anything else to do besides shooting the wall. Music had always been an escape for me. It was an opportunity to calm my thoughts and be someone else for just a minute. I placed the violin underneath my chin and started playing the first melody that came to my mind. I shut my eyes and allowed myself to completely drown in the music. There was nothing besides me and the violin, just what I needed. Soon, memories came flooding back. Painful ones, happy ones, all kinds of memories, but one of them stood above all the others. My happiest memory of all and the one I could never delete. The day I met (Y/N).

~Flashback~

You took the hairpin from your hair and hurriedly picked the lock. The door of the abandoned theatre opened with a click and you snuck inside. You smiled widely as you breathed in the familiar and soothing scent of your surroundings. This theatre had become like a second home to you. You used to come here as a kid all the time and you were devastated when they closed it. However, all the instruments remained inside the building and every once in a while, after a tough day, you would sneak in and simply enjoy playing the melodies you used to hear here.

You quietly tiptoed over to the large stage, remaining alert in case someone else was there too. There hadn't been anyone inside that building since it closed twenty years earlier, but you always stayed careful. When you saw no one else and heard nothing, you ran over to the black piano and sat down on the small chair. A wide smile spread on your face as you let your fingers wander across the dusty tiles. Memories of your childhood came flooding back and you sighed contently. No one could take this moment away from you. This was your moment to release all your sorrow and stress. The moment you craved to have every day.

You removed your hair from your face and took a deep breath before placing your fingers back on the tiles. You pressed down onto them and soon a beautiful melody filled the usual silent theatre. You swayed from side to side to the rhythm of the music and shut your eyes, relishing in the moment. You were so caught up in your music that you didn't hear someone else enter the theatre. Just like you, this man often came here to relieve some stress. Your paths just hadn't crossed before, but that would all change today. 

Sherlock saw you on the stage, sitting behind the piano and you took his breath away. He had never heard someone play the piano the way you did. It was truly exceptional and beautiful. Sherlock continued staring at you from across the theatre, careful not to make a single noise that would interrupt you and force you to stop. He was completely captivated by your music. The way you swayed to the tunes, the content smile on your face as you played, how your fingers pressed every tile with such grace. He couldn't take his eyes off of you. A warm feeling spread inside of him and he couldn't quite place it at first. Not until you played the final note did he realise what he felt. The consulting detective was in love.

Your eyes snapped open when you heard soft clapping coming from across the theatre. You quickly stood up and backed away from the piano. ''Oh, please, don't mind me.'' He said, coming closer to you. ''That was truly beautiful. I've never heard someone play the piano with so much passion.'' He complemented. You blushed and bit your lip. ''Thank you.'' You said. ''I'm (Y/F/N).'' You introduced, reaching your hand out for him to shake. He gladly took a hold of your hand, shaking it. ''The name's Sherlock Holmes.'' He stated. You let go of each other's hands. ''Bluestone Alley, was it?'' He asked. You nodded, smiling brightly. ''Mind if I join you this time?'' He wondered, picking up one of the violins. ''Not at all.'' You smiled. You sat back down in front of the piano and performed an amazing duet with Sherlock Holmes

~Flashback Ended~

I finished the song and placed the violin back beside my chair. Bluestone Alley. The first song I ever heard her play. It had become our song. We danced to it at our wedding and we'd often play it whenever we visited the theatre together. I heard some noise coming from the bedroom and the door soon opened. (Y/N) emerged from the room and I couldn't help but smile at her. She was just as stunning as the day we met. ''Good morning, Love.'' I greeted. ''Good morning.'' I stood up and wrapped my arms around her, pressing a kiss on her forehead. ''Hugging gets more difficult each day.'' I chuckled. ''Well, you're the one who got me pregnant.'' She shot back. ''And with twins too!'' She stared up at me, a big smile on her face as well. ''I'm sorry, I'll never do it again.'' I chuckled. She rested her head against my chest and we stood there for a while, not speaking, just enjoying each other's company and appreciating the fact that we met all those years ago. ''I love you, Sherlock.'' She mumbled. ''I love you more.''