Dark

This was requested by @ShallontheOutcast

You were enjoying a film night with your fiancé, Sherlock Holmes. ''He's the murderer.'' Sherlock said, pointing at a tall man on the screen. You huffed and turned off the TV. ''Seriously? You keep spoiling the films! This is the fourth film you've deduced and ruined.'' You whined. Sherlock smirked and wrapped an arm around your waist. ''I just want to do something else with you.'' You blushed and smiled as well. ''Go ahead then.'' You encouraged. Sherlock didn't need to be told twice. He connected his lips with yours and kissed you passionately. You hungrily kissed him back and tugged at his curls, earning soft groans now and then. ''This is much better than those predictable films.'' Sherlock said after he had pulled away for some air. You were about to reply when the lights in the flat went out. You screamed in fear. Sherlock knew of your terrible fear of the dark and immediately pulled you on his lap as an attempt to calm you down. You were shaking violently and took a tight grip on Sherlock's purple shirt.

Sherlock hated it when you were so scared, he felt completely powerless. He didn't know why the darkness terrified you so much and neither did you. He always made sure that there was enough light in the flat but he forgot to buy candles or flashlights. Sherlock felt extremely stupid for not buying them. This had happened before and he should've immediately bought flashlights after it happened but he didn't. The entire flat was completely enveloped in the darkness. You couldn't see a single thing, not even if it was right in front of your face. You started silently crying and Sherlock kissed your temple. ''It's okay. The lights will go back on soon.'' He assured. He continued rubbing soothing circles on your back as he thought back to the first time this happened.

~*~Flashback~*~

''I brought dinner!'' You exclaimed as you opened the door to 221B. Sherlock was sitting on his chair, playing the violin. He smiled at you and stopped playing. You went over to him and kissed him briefly. You dropped the pizza box on his lap and pulled away. ''Let's eat!'' You grinned. Sherlock rolled his eyes but kept a smile on his face as he opened the box. You sat down in the chair opposite of his and began eating.

''That was delicious.'' You grabbed the pizza box and threw it in the bin. You made some tea and took it to the living room. ''Here you go.'' You said as you handed Sherlock his cup. ''Thank you, Love.'' You sat back on the chair again and stared at Sherlock and occasionally sipped your tea, he stared back at you and smiled. Suddenly, the lights went out and you dropped your cup. ''Not again!'' Sherlock shouted. You heard footsteps and the opening of the door. ''Mrs. Hudson, this is the third time this week, fix the electricity!'' You started shaking violently and did your best to keep calm. You didn't want to embarrass yourself in front of Sherlock. You tried your hardest but you couldn't keep it together. The dark frightened you more than anything else on the world and you burst out in tears. ''(Y/N)?'' Sherlock said. ''Are you crying?'' You started having trouble breathing and fell to the floor. Sherlock didn't know what to do. He couldn't see you but he heard your sobs and erratic breathing and he started to panic too. He followed the sounds you made and reached you. He crouched down in front of you and placed his hands on your shoulders. ''(Y/N), the lights will turn back on soon. It's okay.'' He soothed. Your crying stopped but you still had trouble breathing. Sherlock picked you up and placed you in his chair. He didn't know what to do so he did the first thing he could think of.

He got up from his chair and went to search for his violin. ''Sh-Sherlock?'' You called, your voice shaky and soft. ''Don't worry, I'm still here.'' He said. His hands roamed the floor until he found his violin and the bow. He picked it up and started playing. The beautiful melody calmed you down a little but you were still terrified. Finally, the lights went back on and forced the darkness to disappear.

~*~End of flashback~*~

You buried your face in the crook of his neck and continued sobbing quietly. Sherlock started humming a song. You instantly recognised it, he had played that song on his violin a few months back when the power also went out. It was a song from one of your favourite films of Tim Burton. You smiled slightly through your tears and your grip on his shirt loosened a little. You were still scared but Sherlock calmed you down and made you feel safe and that's all you could ever ask for. ''I'm right here, (Y/N). Nothing is going to harm you, not while I'm around.'' He whispered.

The lights flickered back on and you sighed in relief. You raised your head and looked at Sherlock. He wiped all your tears away with his thumb and pressed a soft kiss on your lips. ''Are you okay?'' He wondered. You nodded and smiled. ''Thank you, Sherl.'' He smiled and wrapped his arms tighter around you. ''I love you.'' He said. ''I love you too.'' You replied happily.

I hope you liked it ♥