United Families

Requested by PurpleTrekkie 

Hi everyone! Thank you so much for reading, voting and commenting. As always, I love to read your opinions and reactions. Quick question: Are you still enjoying my book or is my content getting worse each chapter? I truly am trying to write good imagines for you guys, but I have the feeling that my content is getting worse and boring. Please, let me know how you feel about this? I really need to know. Thank you ♥ 

~***~

You opened your eyes and yawned. "Good morning, Love." Sherlock said softly, gently stroking your cheek as he stared at you. You smiled and briefly closed your eyes again, relishing in the moment. Mornings like these were the best ones. You'd wake up calm and peaceful, your husband would be next to you and all would be fine. "Stop staring." You giggled sleepily. Sherlock grinned smugly and played with your hair, giving you a calm and relaxed feeling. "I married you so I could stare at you all day. That was the deal." He joked. You playfully rolled your eyes and hid your face in the soft pillow. "Then creepily stare at me while I sleep." You mumbled.

Loud crying erupted from upstairs. You groaned and threw the duvet over your head, too tired to get up. Sherlock chuckled and pulled the duvet back. "I'll get her, Love." He whispered. You opened one eye and smiled gratefully. "I owe you one." Before getting up, Sherlock pressed a kiss on your forehead and let you rest a little longer.

You sat on the couch as you stared at your husband and daughter. Sherlock held her tightly as she sat on his knee. He waved a spoon in front of her face. "Eat it." He demanded. Delilah kept bouncing on his knee, keeping her mouth shut. 

She was just like her father in some ways. Delilah was incredibly smart, but she had trouble connecting to other toddlers. She usually stayed silent, unlike Sherlock, and you still weren't sure if she could speak, although Sherlock claimed she spoke to him all the time. You loved your daughter with all your heart. Your family was your biggest joy in life, but unfortunately, it didn't always go very well. Sherlock and his family weren't quite supportive of your side of the family. They got along with your parents and your uncle. It was your older brother that caused the problem. You were well aware of the things he'd done, but you also knew that he would never hurt you or the people you loved. You didn't like thinking about his crimes and you couldn't possibly manage hating him. He was too important in your life.

''Did you miss me?''

Your head snapped up in direction of the door where his voice came from. A wide smile spread on your face and you jumped up, hugging him. ''Jim!'' You exclaimed. He chuckled and hugged you too, rubbing your back. ''Good to see you too, sis.'' He said. ''It's been a while since I last saw you. Sorry about that, Dear.'' You pulled back from the hug and pressed a quick kiss on his cheek, ignoring Sherlock's protesting grunts. ''That's okay. I'm just glad you're here.'' You looked down and noticed the large bag in his hands. ''What's that?'' You wondered. A smirk appeared on Jim's face and his eyes lit up with excitement. Your eyes narrowed and you stared at him. ''You did it again, didn't you.'' 

He shrugged. ''Jim, I told you to stop buying her stuff every time you plan on visiting her! You're spoiling her like crazy.'' You protested. ''Oh, come on, (Y/N). She's my niece, I get to spoil her. That's basically my job.'' He countered. ''Let's not talk about your job in front of my child.'' Sherlock hissed, standing next to you with Delilah in his arms. Jim rolled his eyes at the consulting detective. ''Shut up, Sherlock. Whether you like it or not, we are family and that won't change anytime soon. Learn to live with it.'' Sherlock huffed angrily. If looks could kill, your brother would be on the floor right now. ''Get out.'' He hissed. ''Sherlock!'' You yelled, glaring at him. 

Tears welled up in your eyes but you refused to let them fall. ''He's my brother and he's allowed to visit us. I love you, Sherlock, but I honestly wish you'd get along with him. It hurts me to see two big parts of my life hating each other the way you do.'' You said, sniffing as you held back tears. Anger boiled inside of Jim and he was ready to punch Sherlock to the floor for causing your tears, but he contained himself for your sake. ''Please, both of you. You don't have to like each other, I wish you did but it's not mandatory. But could you at least pretend like you get along well for the sake of Delilah?'' 

Sherlock realised you were hurting and gave in. Nodding, he finally showed you he was willing to work on his relationship with the consulting criminal. He wanted you to be happy and he was willing to do anything to make that happen, even if it meant 'liking' James Moriarty. ''Of course, sis.'' Jim agreed. You sighed in relief and smiled gratefully. ''Thank you. Now, let's give Delilah her presents because she has been staring and pointing at the bag since you got here, Jim.'' You giggled.

You joined Sherlock in his chair, sitting on his lap as you watched your brother interact with his niece. Jim sat on the floor, legs crossed, Delilah leaning against his chest. He handed her present after present and her loud giggling wouldn't stop. She loved spending time with her uncle, especially when she received so many expensive gifts from him. Seeing your daughter so happy made you feel all warm and fuzzy inside. That was all you wanted for her. 

You turned your head to look at Sherlock. He was watching his daughter with a huge smile on his face. You had never seen him smile like that whenever Jim would be around. You pressed a kiss on his cheekbone and rested your forehead against his temple. ''Thank you.'' You whispered. Sherlock returned the kiss, wrapping his arms around you. ''It's the least I could do. Your happiness is my main priority, Love.'' He stated. You snuggled closer to him and sighed contently. It was like a dream come true, your families united at last.