I Love You

Molly HooperxFem!Reader

Requested by OswinOswald- 

I'm sorry for making you all wait so long, especially the people waiting for a request. There's a lot going on in my life and I can barely find the time to write anymore. I'm terribly sorry. I will write all your requests but it might take time. I hope you can all understand this. I love you all so, so much and thank you for 114K. I owe you all the world. ♥ 

~***~

''I love you.'' Sherlock read out loud, holding the coffin lid. ''The coffin must be for someone who loves somebody.'' You deduced. Mycroft nodded slightly. ''It's for someone who loves Sherlock. This whole thing is about Sherlock.'' He added. Sherlock visibly paled and you realised he must've been thinking about John. ''The coffin doesn't look like one for a male.'' You assured him. Sherlock nodded, not convinced. ''You really are idiots.'' Eurus interrupted, her image popping on the screen again. ''This one is not about Sherlock. Can't I have a little fun with my sweet sister?'' She smirked. Eurus disappeared from the screen and it instead displayed four images from camera footage of the interior of a home. In the top right-hand corner a countdown clock appeared, currently frozen at 03:00. ''Molly.'' You muttered. ''Very good, little sister.'' Eurus' voice said. Your breath hitched in your throat as you walked closer to the screen, she seemed to be in good health. 

''Her flat is rigged to explode in approximately three minutes unless you make her say the release code, (Y/N).'' You couldn't see your older sister, but there was definitely a devilish smile on her face. ''What's the release code?'' You demanded, panic evident in your voice. ''The release code is I love you,'' Mycroft stated. ''Correct.'' Your face paled and you started sweating. ''But you have to say it, too.'' Eurus said. ''Wh-What do you mean?'' You stammered.

Over the years you had developed a strong crush on Molly Hooper, but you hadn't come out yet and you were terrified of your brothers' reactions. You loved Molly, but you couldn't say it in front of everyone. ''It's the only way to save her life. I know about your crush, (Y/N). Tell her you love her and make her say it as well or I'll blow up her entire flat.'' The countdown unfroze and started counting down to zero quickly. You were in full panic mode now. ''Oh, one more thing. You may not, at any point, suggest that there is any form of crisis. If you do, I will end this session and her life. Are we clear?'' Eurus stated. You tried to swallow the lump in your throat as you nodded. Eurus dialled her number and you waited anxiously for her to answer the call. You were terrified. You didn't dare look behind you and see the faces of your brothers after Eurus just told them about you having a crush on a girl. But they didn't matter now, you had to save Molly. You'd do anything to save Molly, even if it meant exposing your feelings in front of everyone. You took a few deep breaths and forced a smile on your face, which would help make your voice sound happier as well.

You saw Molly slowly walking across to the work surface in her kitchen. You noticed her red, puffy eyes and the tear marks on her face. She had obviously been crying. You and your two older brothers watched as she glanced towards her ringing phone. She picked up an orange from the chopping board in front of her and started to cut it, a large cup of tea beside it. ''Come on, Molly, pick up.'' You muttered anxiously. Molly continued to ignore her phone and you started to panic as the countdown reached 02:39. Time was running out, but you were determined to save her. ''Why isn't she answering her phone?!'' You yelled, losing control of your emotions. Tears welled up in your eyes. You felt someone's hand on your shoulder and you turned your head a bit to see who it was. Sherlock smiled softly at you and pinched your shoulder slightly. ''You can do this. Just stay calm, okay?'' He said gently. You nodded and turned back to the screen, nervously twiddling your thumbs as you hoped Molly would pick up. You ran your hand across your mouth as Molly's voicemail could be heard through the speakers. ''Okay. Just one more time.'' Eurus decided. The phone started ringing again and you were on the verge of a breakdown. She had to pick up. The countdown reached 02:12 and your breathing sped up even more. ''Calm down, (Y/N).'' Sherlock muttered softly in your ear. Mycroft took a few steps closer and placed his hand on your other shoulder, showing you he supported you. ''Pick up, pick up, pick up.'' Sherlock mumbled, eyes fixated on the screen.

Molly threw the orange back onto the chopping board with a huff. She walked towards her phone and sniffed before finally answering. ''Hello, (Y/N). Is this urgent because I'm not having a good day.'' She asked. You swallowed thickly before you started to speak. ''Hi, Molly. I uh am calling because I need to tell you something important.'' You said, trying to sound as natural as possible. ''Well, quickly then.'' She decided, fiddling with stuff on the counter. ''Alright, yes, quickly.'' You rambled. ''(Y/N), what is it?'' She asked, exasperated. ''I'm going to say a few words to you and you need to repeat them.'' You bit your lip and kept running your hand across your face in an attempt to calm yourself down. ''I love you.'' You admitted.

Molly's expression turned even sadder and she sniffed. ''Why are you doing this to me? Stop making fun of me.'' Her face was full of pain and she was on the verge of crying. ''Hurry up, (Y/N). I will kill her.'' Eurus interrupted, adding to the pressure. ''I'm not making fun of you, Molly, I promise. I uh, I uh mean it. I truly do. I love you. I have loved you since the day I met you. Please, Molly, just say it back.'' You begged. ''Calmly, (Y/N)!'' Eurus warned. You swallowed and took a few deep breaths. You felt Sherlock's hand anxiously squeeze your shoulder. ''Molly?'' You said softly. ''I can't say it.'' She decided. ''Yes, yes, you can. Please, Molly.'' You begged. Molly sighed and started to cry. The countdown reached 00:20. Mycroft's grip tightened as his breathing sped up. Sherlock was trembling slightly but he didn't let go of your shoulder. Your brothers realised how difficult it was for you to admit it and that you would break if Molly would die. They loved you. They showed it differently than 'normal' older brothers would do, but the love was there. ''Please, Molly.'' You whispered.

Molly lowered the phone as she squeezed her eyes shut to fight back tears. ''Do you really mean it?'' She asked sadly. ''Yes, Molly. I really do mean it.'' You assured her, panic in your voice. Molly nodded slightly and a small smile appeared on her face. The countdown reached 00:10 and the three of you stared at the screen, eyes widened and breathing heavily as you dreaded what would happen if she wouldn't say it back. ''I love you, (Y/N). I truly do.''

You gasped and turned away from the screen as the countdown clock beeped several times to signify that it had stopped. Sherlock and Mycroft let out noisy sighs of relief. You also sighed and buried your head in both hands, bending forward. Molly closed her eyes and Eurus ended the call. The countdown had stopped at 00:02. One of the cameras in the kitchen showed Molly putting the phone down and raising both hands to her mouth. Her expression was a mix of emotions. She seemed sad yet happy and you couldn't quite figure out if she had truly meant it, but you were beyond relieved.

You had saved Molly Hooper.