Small Bump

Requested by Musickidmickey

Song: Small Bump by Ed Sheeran

THIS IS INSANE! Thank you all so incredibly much for getting me to 200K!!! I simply can't believe that I reached this amazing amount of reads. I can't tell you guys enough how thankful I am. You give me all the strength I need to keep going and I owe you all so much. Wow, I really can't believe this.

This deserves a celebration! If there's anything special you'd like me to do as a way of celebrating this milestone, let me know in the comments! Thank you, guys! 💚

~***~

You're just a small bump unborn

In four months you're brought to life

You might be left with my hair

But you'll have your mother's eyes

I'll hold your body in my hands, be as gentle as I can

But for now you're a scan of my unmade plans

A small bump in four months, you're brought to life

You stared at the pregnancy test in awe. Tears filled your eyes and your lips formed the biggest smile anyone had ever seen. You were going to be a mother and even better yet, you and Sherlock were going to have a family of your own. You were beyond thrilled. It had always been one of your biggest dreams to become a mother one day and now in a matter of just nine months, that dream would be a reality. 

As the initial surprise of being pregnant wore off, the nerves kicked in. Sherlock and you had never talked about having children together before and you were afraid he wouldn't agree. You two hadn't been trying for a baby, it just happened by accident and you had no clue how he felt towards children. You had seen him interact with young children many times, including his nephew and he was amazing with them. You had always seen him as the perfect dad, but was he ready or even willing at all to become one? That doubt settled itself in your mind and no matter how hard you tried to ignore it, it wouldn't go away. There was only one way to ease the fear and that was telling him the news and await his response.

You heard the front door open and his deep voice announced his arrival. You swallowed the lump forming in your throat. You hadn't expected him to be back so early. It didn't leave you much time to prepare for the reveal, but it was now or never. You had to know how he felt about this. You shakily stood up from the bathroom floor where you anxiously had been waiting for the results. With trembling hands, you unlocked the door and went to the living room to greet your husband, the pregnancy test tucked away in the bathroom's trash can. Sherlock smiled widely when he saw you. He didn't notice your stressed expression, he was too glad to finally see you again. ''I missed you so much, Love.'' He stated, embracing you tightly. Standing on the tips of your toes, you wrapped your arms around his neck and buried your face in the comforting fabric of his deep red shirt. You breathed in his familiar scent and smiled as you felt his curly hair tickle your neck when he rested his head there. The two of you stood there in silence for a while, cherishing every moment of the loving hug. 

''What is it you want to tell me?'' Sherlock whispered, his lips brushing against your neck as he spoke. You smiled a little, he always knew when something was bothering you. He pulled back from the embrace and looked at you, encouraging you with his loving gaze to tell him. All the doubt melted away and you smiled brightly as you told him the news. ''I'm pregnant.''