Concussion

Having a concussion sucks! You have been in bed for three days straight and John still didn't allow you to get up. You were bored out of your mind and the head ache was making things even worse. Sherlock was on a case so you were alone in the apartment. You couldn't get up, you really wanted to but you were too exhausted. You closed your eyes and tried to fall asleep to kill the time. It took a while but eventually you dozed off.

You were rudely awoken by a door slamming shut. You groaned and tried to sit up but you couldn't. The bedroom door opened and your fiancé Sherlock walked in with a bowl of soup. ''How are you feeling Sweetheart?'' He asked. You groaned and he took that as a 'not good'. Sherlock placed the bowl on your nightstand and helped you sit up. He carefully placed some pillows behind you so you could rest against them. ''Hungry?'' He asked as he handed you the bowl. You took the bowl from him but your hands were shaking, causing you to almost drop it. Sherlock noticed and took the bowl from you before you could spill anything on yourself. You sighed and allowed your hands to drop besides you again. ''Allow me.'' Sherlock placed one hand at the back of your head and lifted you up slightly. He carefully put the bowl against your lips and tilted it slightly. Slowly you started to drink the soup. It took a while but you managed to drink the entire thing. ''Sherlock, I'm bored.'' You complained. Sherlock smiled a little at your childlike behaviour. ''I'm sick of being in bed all day. I want to do something useful.'' You pouted. ''You need to rest Sweetheart. It's my fault that you got a concussion so It's my job to take care of you now.'' You swore that you saw a hint of sadness in his eyes when he said that. ''It's not your fault Honey.'' Sherlock shook his head. ''No it is and I'm going to make up for it.'' He grabbed the bowl and left the room.

You waited for Sherlock to come back and he finally did after an hour. He didn't say anything when he came back, he just grabbed the blankets from the bed and walked away again. ''Hey! I need those.'' You called after him. Sherlock entered the bedroom again and picked you up bridal-style. ''Close your eyes.'' He said. You did as you were told but you couldn't help but wonder what he was up to. ''Sherlock what are you doing?'' He didn't answer he just gave you a quick peck on your forehead. ''You can open your eyes if you want.'' You immediately opened your eyes when he gave you permission to do so. Your eyes widened at the sight before you. Sherlock pushed all the furniture to the sides and built a huge blanket fort in the middle of the living room. You looked at Sherlock with the brightest smile you could muster. ''You built me a blanket fort?!'' You said excitedly. ''You like it then?'' He asked, chuckling. ''Of course! Let's get inside of it.'' Sherlock carefully shoved a blanket to the side and placed you securely on the blankets and pillows. Once he made sure that you were comfortable, he got in besides you with his laptop. ''So I was thinking a blanket fort and Netflix to take care of your boredom.'' He explained. You smiled encouragingly and Sherlock put on your favourite TV-show. ''You know me so well.'' You cuddled up against Sherlock and he wrapped his arms around you. ''Forgive me please.'' He whispered against your hair. ''I never blamed you Sherlock. Don't feel guilty, please.'' Sherlock nodded in understanding and held you even tighter against his chest. You and Sherlock watched about 5 episodes before you fell asleep. Sherlock closed his laptop and exited the blanket fort to give you enough space to rest. ''Sweet dreams.'' He whispered before he closed off the blanket fort and left you alone to rest.