Watermelon

''I don't get why I have to be here all day.'' You sighed. Your husband, Mycroft, left you with his younger sibling at 221B while he's at work. ''You're eight months, two weeks and three days pregnant. You can barely do anything without help.'' Sherlock explained. You rolled your eyes and huffed. ''I can take care of myself.'' You protested. Sherlock raised an eyebrow at you and smiled, ''Really? Stand up then.'' You tried to get up from the couch but your body was not going to allow it. ''Told you.'' Sherlock said, laughing. You rolled your eyes again and gave him the finger. You and Mycroft never planned on having kids, you were both against it because of your busy jobs but it happened by accident. You contemplated about giving your child up for adoption but after a good talk with Mycroft, you realised that you both wanted to keep the child and raise it together. You were really glad that Mycroft was willing to raise your child with you.

Suddenly, you felt a sharp pain in your abdomen and liquid running down your legs. Sherlock had gone to the kitchen so you shouted his name until he came back. He saw you breathing heavily and clutching your stomach and immediately started to panic. ''I'm calling Mycroft!'' He shouted as he dialled a number on his phone. ''Hurry!'' You groaned. ''Hello?'' Mycroft's voice sounded through the phone. ''YOUR WIFE SWALLOWED A WATERMELON AND IT'S COMING OUT!'' Sherlock shouted. ''Sherlock, calm down. What are you talking about?'' You yelled Mycroft's name as another contraction hit you and he realised what was going on.

''Listen to me Sherlock. Get a cab and carefully help (Y/N) downstairs. Get into the cab with her and drive to the hospital. Take the red bag I brought with you. I'll be there as soon as I can. Hurry!'' Mycroft finished giving his younger brother instructions and hung up and rushed to the hospital. Sherlock managed to calm himself down a little and was now gently guiding you down the stairs and into the cab. ''The bag, Sherlock.'' You said as you sat down in the backseat. Sherlock rushed back up the stairs to retrieve the red bag. He came back a few moments later with the bag this time and got in the cab with you. ''St. Bart's Hospital.'' Sherlock ordered. The cab immediately started driving. You screamed as more contractions hit you and Sherlock looked absolutely horrified. ''Stop looking at me as if you've just seen Hell and do something!'' You yelled. ''I'm definitely asking Mycroft money for this...'' Sherlock mumbled to himself.

_At The Hospital_

''One more push, (Y/N)! You can do it!'' The doctor encouraged. You squeezed your husband's hand and screamed as you gave one last push. Mycroft had tears in his eyes from his possibly broken fingers. The faint echoes of crying filled the hospital room. ''It's a boy!'' The doctor exclaimed. You smiled as your grip on Mycroft's hand relaxed. He immediately removed his hand from yours and held onto his umbrella. ''Here's your son.'' The doctor presented your new baby boy to you and you teared up a little. ''Look at that, Myc. He's beautiful!'' You sniffed. The doctor placed the baby in your arms and you gently rocked him back and forwards to stop him from crying. ''Hi beautiful.'' You cooed. You ran your finger down his small nose and watched as he yawned in the most adorable way possible. ''Do you want to meet daddy?'' You asked the new-born. Mycroft gently took his baby from you and smiled. ''He's indeed very beautiful. Thank you, (Y/N).'' He whispered. Mycroft held your son for a few more minutes before he stood up and handed the baby back to you. ''I'll go get Sherlock. He'll probably want to meet his nephew.'' He pecked your baby's forehead and gave you a quick kiss on the lips before going to the waiting room to get his younger brother.

A hesitant Sherlock walked over to you and the baby. ''Is that the thing?'' He asked, pointing at your baby boy. You smiled and nodded. ''Yes, this is your nephew. Would you like to hold him?'' You asked. Sherlock seemed hesitant but Mycroft poked him in the back with his umbrella and Sherlock came closer to the bed you were in. ''What did you name it?'' He asked. ''We haven't discussed it yet but I was thinking William David Holmes.'' You said. You looked at Mycroft and he nodded in approval. ''How did the cab ride to the hospital go?'' Mycroft wondered. Sherlock turned to face him and said, ''I'm scarred for life! (Y/N) nearly broke my fingers and I nearly saw the birth of a human watermelon!'' You laughed slightly and Mycroft rolled his eyes at Sherlock's childlike behaviour. ''It's called a baby, Sherlock. And he's your nephew so hold on or I'll poke you with my umbrella again!'' Mycroft warned.

The Holmes brothers could act like small children sometimes. You handed William to Sherlock as soon as he sat down on the chair next to the bed. ''Hello little one.'' He began. ''My name is Sherlock Holmes and I'm your uncle. Your father is a prick but you can always come to me when he's bugging you, I promise.'' You were laughing but Mycroft wasn't amused. ''That's enough. Give me back my child!'' Mycroft said. He took the baby from Sherlock and held him against his chest. ''I'm surprised that you didn't call him Cake, Mycroft.'' Sherlock taunted. Mycroft was about to say something in return but you stopped them before things got ugly. ''No fighting when William is in the room. He's still so innocent and I would like to keep him that for as long as I possibly can.''

''I'm a grown man, (Y/N). I'm not innocent.'' Sherlock protested. ''I meant the baby!'' You shot back. ''Oh.'' You held out your arms to Mycroft who was shielding himself and the baby from Sherlock with his umbrella. ''Give me my child and have your stupid argument in the hallway.'' You ordered. Mycroft placed the baby in your arms and pressed a kiss on your forehead before heading outside with Sherlock.

''Don't worry, my beautiful boy. I'll protect you from their shouting.'' You whispered to William. His eyes began to close as you gently rocked him back and forward. The love you felt for your son was evident in your eyes. You put him in his crib as soon as he fell asleep. It didn't take long before you fell asleep too.

A/N:

I loved Sherlock's reaction to Mary being in labour so much that I wanted to write something like that so here it is! I hope you all enjoyed <3.