Stay With Me

Guess it's true, I'm not good at a one-night stand

But I still need love 'cause I'm just a man

These nights never seem to go to plan

I don't want you to leave, will you hold my hand?

Your relationship with Mycroft Holmes wasn't exactly ideal. You loved him so much but it seemed like he only used you as a stress relief. Every single time when you woke up in the morning in Mycroft's bed, you swore to yourself that this would be the last time. You didn't want a relationship like this, you wanted to be loved and that was the exact opposite of how you felt. You picked up your clothes from the bedroom floor and quickly got dressed. You held back your tears as you left the mansion but not before you left Mycroft a note. You just couldn't do this anymore.

Oh, won't you stay with me?

'Cause you're all I need

This ain't love it's clear to see

But darling, stay with me

Mycroft woke up and noticed that your side of the bed was empty once again. He wondered if you actually loved him like he loved you or if every night you spent together was just an escape for you. You had melted the iceman's heart without you even knowing it. Mycroft loved you more than he could ever love anyone else but lately he felt like you didn't return those feelings. He got up and started to get dressed for work. He was on his way out when he noticed your note. It read: 'I'm sorry, Mycroft. I just can't do this anymore. I don't want to be someone's stress relief, I want someone who truly loves me. Goodbye.' His heart ached as he read the note. Did you honestly believe that he didn't love you and that you were just a stress relief to him? He didn't want to lose you, he truly didn't so he decided to excuse himself from work and head to your flat to win you back.

Why am I so emotional?

No it's not a good look, gain some self-control

And deep down I know this never works

But you can lay with me so it doesn't hurt

You were quietly drinking a glass of wine as you sat on your couch in your lonely flat. You were finally done with crying and feeling sorry for yourself. You missed Mycroft but you couldn't go back. It would only lead in another night filled with passion and the empty morning that would follow filled with sorrow and guilt. You poured yourself another glass, emptying the entire wine bottle. The bottle wasn't entirely filled when you started drinking this morning so you weren't drunk. But you wanted to, just to forget your misery for a while. You searched your flat for more alcohol but couldn't find it. You didn't want to leave your flat so you decided to just feel sorry for yourself again. You started to cry again once you curled op on the couch. A knock on the door startled you and you quickly wiped away your tears and opened it.

Oh, won't you stay with me?

'Cause you're all I need

This ain't love it's clear to see

But darling, stay with me

The man who knocked on your door was no one other than Mycroft Holmes himself. His eyes were red and puffy and his hair was messy instead of perfectly shaped like usual. You wanted to close the door and cry again but Mycroft was quicker and entered your flat. ''Why are you here, Mycroft?'' You asked bitterly. Tears were stinging your eyes but you refused to let them fall, you didn't want to cry in front of him. Mycroft reached his hand out towards you but you quickly backed away from him. He looked hurt for a second but quickly composed himself and sighed. ''You know why I'm here, (Y/N).'' He said gently. You shook your head and a single tear rolled down your cheek. ''You used my feelings for you against me. You used me as a stress relief when I loved you so much! How could you do that to me?'' Your voice cracked at the last sentence and you broke down. You sank to the floor and covered your face with your hands. Mycroft kneeled down in front of you and carefully enveloped you in a sweet embrace. ''You're not just a stress relief to me, (Y/N). Don't you ever dare to say that again! I love you so much and these past few weeks have been the best weeks of my life because I got to share them with you. But you seemed so distant last night and I couldn't help but wonder if you were using me.'' He admitted. You slowly removed your hands away from your face and pulled back from the embrace to look into the British Government's eyes.

''You love me?'' You asked, speaking softly. He nodded and smiled slightly. You smiled too and leaned in for a kiss. He immediately kissed back and it soon escalated in a heated make out session. But it wasn't like the other nights. No, this time it was loving instead of hungry and for the first time in weeks, you felt loved. You two pulled away and pressed your foreheads against each other. ''I love you too.'' You whispered. Mycroft smiled before gently standing up and pulling you with him. You immediately started kissing again and Mycroft swiftly wrapped your legs around his waist as he held you in place. He walked over to your bedroom, never breaking the kiss and gently put you on the bed.

Many people who have met Mycroft Holmes would say that he's incapable of feeling any kind of love towards a person but you knew that they were wrong and that he loved you.

Oh, won't you stay with me?

'Cause you're all I need

This ain't love it's clear to see

But darling, stay with me

Or so you thought...

A/N: I hope you enjoyed this MycroftxReader imagine. I absolutely adore Mycroft and I love reading and writing about him. I've almost reached 7K on this book! Thank you all for reading/voting and for all your lovely comments, I enjoy reading them very much. Also a huge thank you to everyone who is following me! Let me know what you think of this songfic. Have a lovely day :) 

(The song that I used in this imagine is called 'Stay with me' and it's from Sam Smith).