Return

Requested by my wonderful friend @ebba_explorer

Song: Sibille Attar - Come Night

I'm back to business everyone! I have returned from my school trip to Madrid. I'm exhausted and I still have a lot to do, but you all deserve some new oneshots and I missed writing them more than anything. Hopefully, I'll have much more time to write again. I hope you all enjoy and thank you so much for sticking around during my brief absence. AND THANK YOU FOR 152K!!! I love you all ♥

~***~

Come night through my door

Waiting, feeling soar

Take me home

First time I saw your face

I knew it was my place

I sat back in my chair, a freshly made cup of tea in my hands. The steam rose from the cup, warming my cold face. Another case with Sherlock had completely worn me down. It was one of the coldest days in London's history, but that, unfortunately, did not stop my consulting detective. Sherlock was determined to catch the serial killer we'd been chasing for weeks and when he finally found a clue of her whereabouts, he had to go there immediately. It all paid off in the end and we caught the murderer, but it nearly cost me my fingers.

Take me home, take me home

Sherlock entered the living room, wearing his usual morning attire. ''Morning.'' He mumbled, his voice deeper and rougher than usual. I called it his seductive morning voice. He had that voice whenever he had just woken up and was still kind of tired. It was also the voice that made my heart flutter every time he used it and the voice I simply couldn't resist. And the bad thing about it was he was aware of it and gladly used it to his advantages. But it was different today. He didn't seem his usual self. ''Are you alright?'' I questioned. ''Mhm?'' Was his reply. ''I wondered if you were alright. You don't seem to be yourself this morning.'' I repeated, elaborating a little. Sherlock shrugged. ''Life has been so good lately.'' He stated. I gave him a quizzical look, not fully understanding why he'd be upset about it. ''Yeah?'' I chuckled nervously. ''I can't shake the feeling that something is going to ruin that. I mean, I haven't been this happy for this long in my entire life. And that's all because of you, John.'' He smiled lovingly, resting his hand on my cheek. ''I don't ever want to lose you. I don't know what I'd do without you. I love you, John.'' I felt my cheeks burn as I tried to contain squeals of happiness. This man, my lovely detective, had made me the happiest man on Earth and I didn't want that to stop either. ''I love you, too, Sherl.''

You sit by your window

I know you're thinking of me

I'm leaving tomorrow

Nothing left here to see

Ain't no way of living

For a believer of love

Again I'm complaining

Yeah, I know I'm complaining

What more can I say?

I'm away

I jolted awake at the loud sound of my ringing phone. I broke free from Sherlock's embrace and got up from the couch, earning protesting groans from the consulting detective. ''Just ignore it.'' He groaned before a yawn escaped his lips, preventing him from protesting more. ''I'll be right back, Love.'' I grabbed my phone and answered the call. ''Am I speaking to Doctor John Watson?'' A familiar voice I couldn't quite place asked me. ''Yes, that's me,'' I answered. ''It's time to come back, John. You have been summoned. We need you.'' He stated. ''What? Need me for what?'' I didn't understand what this man was talking about. The voice seemed familiar but there was no way. It couldn't be... Oh, but it could.